Change ministering district assignments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Engrsteve

Change ministering district assignments

Post by Engrsteve »

With this new change, our ward ended up with 6 districts for ministering in the elders quorum. I am trying to merge these back into 3 districts without having to delete the companion ships and starting over. I would just like to change the district number of a championship.
kd7mha

Re: Change ministering district assignments

Post by kd7mha »

There is an edit button next to each companionship that gives the option to move it to another district
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Engrsteve wrote:With this new change, our ward ended up with 6 districts for ministering in the elders quorum.
That's because the high priest's districts got moved into the elders quorum.
Engrsteve

Post by Engrsteve »

kd7mha, yes I saw the button yesterday and the dropdown had nothing in it. Today it has options

CDOL, I had pretty much figured that out

Thanks for the help and the replies
geelmore

Post by geelmore »

But how can you combine two districts into one without having to retype one of them?
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

geelmore wrote:But how can you combine two districts into one without having to retype one of them?
In the Ministering > Companionship view in LCR, click the Edit button to the right of each companionship, select the "Move to..." dropdown and select the district you want the companionship to be in.
ramonapukeroa

Post by ramonapukeroa »

Two wards have combined as one what is the best way to edit companionships and those they minister to
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ramonapukeroa wrote:Two wards have combined as one what is the best way to edit companionships and those they minister to
It would be very helpful if you can get to the reports of the discontinued ward and print them. After that, the only way to combine them is to go to the surviving ward and manually add all of the information from the discontinued ward.

I do not believe the information will be combined automatically. When wards are combined, what happens technically is that all of the membership records from the discontinued ward are moved to the surviving ward and everything is as if they are all new members of the ward.
bmatt569

Post by bmatt569 »

nmecantwin73 wrote:
geelmore wrote:But how can you combine two districts into one without having to retype one of them?
In the Ministering > Companionship view in LCR, click the Edit button to the right of each companionship, select the "Move to..." dropdown and select the district you want the companionship to be in.
As a new Elders Quorum President trying to muddle through all of this, I find it a bit daunting and sometimes confusing. I would like to simply "Move" a Ministering companionship from one district to another. When I click the "Edit" button as described, there is no "Move" option given. I've refreshed the screen, restarted the computer but still no way to simply move the companionship. What am I doing wrong.

Bill Mattson
Elders Quorum President
Marble Falls (TX) Ward
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I have attached a snip of the "Move" button showing where you need to be on LCR to see it. The button becomes active when you click the check box next to a companionship. I hope this helps you.
Dave Sudweeks, ward clerk.
Capture.PNG
(30.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
To get to this page, log in to LDS.org, go to Leader and Clerk Resources. Click "Ministering" at the top and select "Elders quorum" (or "Relief Society" do do the same actions with Sister's assignments).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”