Export Custom Reports in LCR to comma delimited file

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Export Custom Reports in LCR to comma delimited file

Post by russellhltn »

ironhorse2004 wrote:Why do Stake Executive Secretaries not have access to custom reports???
I'd imagine it has to do with only the ward clerk and bishop having access to the full membership record. (Handbook 1: 13.6, 5th paragraph) Custom reports may not have adequate security to prevent inappropriate access to other callings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Custom reports still work in good old MLS (though data that has been migrated to LCR is no longer available for an MLS custom report since it doesn't reside in MLS any longer). MLS still has the ability to export to a CSV, though that may disappear at some point.
ironhorse2004

Post by ironhorse2004 »

Yes, thanks. I know it can be done in MLS but I don't have MLS at my home :-(
aplucinik

Post by aplucinik »

I started this thread. That was my point in my original post that the LCR custom reports doesn't have the same capabilities as the MLS custom reports, particularly the ability to export to a CSV file and also that the MLS will eventually go away.
Allan Plucinik
Stake Clerk
Colorado Springs, CO
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Based on my reading the tea leaves, and the heightened concern over privacy and personal information, I think the odds of any export are nil.

I think the effort would be best spent on requesting the type of reports you need rather than trying to convince the powers that be that you need a export.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

ironhorse2004 wrote:Why do Stake Executive Secretaries not have access to custom reports???
I've seen this pattern through each feature rolled out... For the past 10 years!
It's a continual fine-tuning of which callings have access. Your feedback within the "send feedback" link will help shape the future....

Yes, those assigned to do the work need the access to accomplish it...
Send feedback....
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I am a programmer, and I have seen this battle between us programmers and our users for 22 years. Our users love their ability to create ad hoc queries and reports against the database. We programmers constantly beg the users to tell us which standard reports they need, and we will gladly create them as standard features of our software at all the locations where it is used. When you have thousands of users creating custom ad hoc reports at thousands of locations, you lose the ability to easily move users from place to place, as they have to learn the local flavor where ever they go. Freedom to create unique reports is useful at times, but having a standard look, feel, and suite of applications across all your user locations really helps training.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
james.e.gibb

Post by james.e.gibb »

ironhorse2004 wrote:Yes, thanks. I know it can be done in MLS but I don't have MLS at my home :-(
Someone must have been listening... it shows now that Stake (and Ward) Executive Secretaries can now access the create reports function on LCR. Doesn't help with .csv export, but...
ironhorse2004

Post by ironhorse2004 »

Oh wow this is fantastic and so badly needed. Thank you to whomever was listening!!!!;;
veehb

Post by veehb »

This is a little off topic, but related. I'm a stake executive secretary and I want to email a custom report to my stake presidency and not print it. Is there a way to save a custom report as a PDF file? Some systems let you print to a PDF file. I understand the problem with privacy, and also want to be sure to protect the privacy of our members. But, I can print the report (which is many pages for our stake) and then scan it into a PDF document and then attach it to an email. But that takes a lot of time. It will take a lot of paper if I make three copies for the presidency. I know that suggestions like this need to be submitted using the feedback link in LDS.org. Just wanted to raise it here to see if others would like this feature added.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”