Attachments Now in Send a Message

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bstone81

Re: Attachments Now in Send a Message

Post by bstone81 »

I am using Outlook, and I was receiving the notification email and the actual email as a recipient. The only thing that has changed is the attachment added. With the attachment, I don’t receive the emails. Without the attachment, I do receive the emails.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

You should still be receiving a copy. Check to see if it is landing in spam or somewhere else. If not, you should probably submit feedback to let someone know what is happening.
bstone81

Post by bstone81 »

Not in spam; checked that. Not coming through on any of my devices. How can I submit feedback? Just on the email message page on LDS.org? If so, I have done that several times, and have not heard anything back, or the problem fixed.

Thanks,
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

bstone81 wrote:Not in spam; checked that. Not coming through on any of my devices. How can I submit feedback? Just on the email message page on LDS.org? If so, I have done that several times, and have not heard anything back, or the problem fixed.
Use the feedback link at the bottom right of the pages in LCR. Look for a small gray rectangle. You won't likely hear anything back, but the message should make its way to the development team.

Are you getting the confirmation email when you send a message? When you are sending a general message, you should get an email from "Leader and Clerk Resources Communication" confirming that your message was sent. It also includes a list of any failed recipients and a copy of the original message.

Does the issue only occur with attachments?
bstone81

Post by bstone81 »

scgallafent wrote:
bstone81 wrote:Not in spam; checked that. Not coming through on any of my devices. How can I submit feedback? Just on the email message page on LDS.org? If so, I have done that several times, and have not heard anything back, or the problem fixed.
Use the feedback link at the bottom right of the pages in LCR. Look for a small gray rectangle. You won't likely hear anything back, but the message should make its way to the development team.

Are you getting the confirmation email when you send a message? When you are sending a general message, you should get an email from "Leader and Clerk Resources Communication" confirming that your message was sent. It also includes a list of any failed recipients and a copy of the original message.

Does the issue only occur with attachments?
Answers to your questions:

No, I am not getting the confirmation email when I send an attachment.
Yes, it only occurs when I send an attachment. When there is not an attachment, I am receiving both the confirmation email and the regular email as one of the regular recipients.

-- Bishop Stone
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:It also includes a list of any failed recipients and a copy of the original message.
It sounds like that email won't get sent until all the outgoing emails are complete. I wonder if there's one recipient that's holding up the process. IIRC, it can sometimes take days before a sending server gives up in certain cases.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”