LCR Membership Entry Problem

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
robinvice

LCR Membership Entry Problem

Post by robinvice »

Hi All,

I'm new to being a ward clerk and to this forum, and I apologize if posting in the wrong place. Please redirect me if that's the case.

I have an issue in clicking the "Set Apart" checkbox in one members' calling record found in the LCR membership area of LDS.org. I've selected that checkbox for many other members and callings, but this is the only one that has a problem.

The calling is as "Music Adviser". Called some time ago, but the setting apart wasn't recorded.

Now, when I select the checkbox, all is well until I click "Save". When I hit "Save", a red band appears directly under the "Member Callings" header, which reads, "<member name> is not qualified to fill this calling."

Reading the handbooks, I don't see any special qualifications for this calling, and even if there were, this person would be well qualified.

I've tried this on different computers and the result is the same. I went into MLS to make the change, but it just redirects me to LDS.org.

Is there a time limit between the time someone's calling is recorded and when the setting apart is recorded?

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
robin
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LCR Membership Entry Problem

Post by russellhltn »

robinvice wrote:Reading the handbooks, I don't see any special qualifications for this calling, and even if there were, this person would be well qualified.
You must not be reading the same Handbook I am:

Handbook 2
14.2.2: "A member of the bishopric serves as the ward music adviser."
14.5.2: "The stake presidency assigns a high councilor to be the stake music adviser."

My guess is that person did qualify when put into that calling but is no longer holding the qualifying position - so you can't record any change. I'd inform the unit leadership of the issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

robinvice wrote: The calling is as "Music Adviser". Called some time ago, but the setting apart wasn't recorded.
As russellhltn indicated, the Music Adviser must be a member of the bishopric. It is not a calling but an assignment. This member was probably supposed to be called as the Music Chairman but was incorrectly recorded (MLS didn't check this kind of thing) or there was confusion about what each position means.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

"Music Chairman" makes a lot more sense. There's very little restriction on who can serve in that position.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bishopanucha

Post by bishopanucha »

Pls in my branch the number of primary that u are given us in each Quorter is not the number we have in our roll call, pls check our membership rolls and give us the correct number of it. Osisioma 3rd Branch in Aba nigreian north stake. I am the clerk, i am Anucha Bishop Ezeudo.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

bishopanucha wrote:Pls in my branch the number of primary that u are given us in each Quorter is not the number we have in our roll call, pls check our membership rolls and give us the correct number of it. Osisioma 3rd Branch in Aba nigreian north stake. I am the clerk, i am Anucha Bishop Ezeudo.
Please see the bottom of your latest Quarterly Budget Allowance Report. There is a footnote that says:
The Primary attendance figure is calculated by multiplying the number of children (ages 8 to 11) from membership records by the percent of Primary attendance from line 21 of the Quarterly Report.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”