Survey LDS Accounts

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
GrasseDD

Survey LDS Accounts

Post by GrasseDD »

Anyone know of a way for a bishop or other leader to find a member's LDS Account username--or even determine whether a member has an LDS Account attached to his/her membership?

In the old days of LUWS, administrators could see a list of user accounts in the ward.
S&I teachers and administrators can see (in WISE) LDS Account usernames of youth and young adults.

Thanks,
D.G.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Survey LDS Accounts

Post by lajackson »

GrasseDD wrote:In the old days of LUWS, administrators could see a list of user accounts in the ward.
True. But so far, the Church has not made LDS Account information available to local leaders. About the only way to find out currently is to ask the members themselves.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If there is a pressing need, the bishop could call Global Support and see what they're willing to do. I'd imagine that there's a way for the bishop to have someone's account disabled if circumstances warrant.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Remember that an LDS account isn't necessarily connected to a membership record. Non-members can create such accounts and they can be used for certain purposes, including Family Search. I believe they can also highlight scriptures and talks. That can make it somewhat difficult to track down all the accounts, as some members don't have their accounts connected to their membership. I occasionally run into that issue when people ask questions like why they can't see the ward list.
russellhltn wrote:If there is a pressing need, the bishop could call Global Support and see what they're willing to do. I'd imagine that there's a way for the bishop to have someone's account disabled if circumstances warrant.
Global support helped one of our assistant clerks straighten out an account mess. A member had two LDS accounts: one connected to a membership record and another not connected. I believe the member was also on the phone call to help verify and validate things. The big problem of the day was consolidating donations into one account and deleting the account that wasn't connected to a membership record. So yes, Global Support can do a lot of things if the situation calls for it. Somehow I think they won't give you a list of all members in unit with LDS accounts. There could also be privacy laws in some countries that contribute to limited information being made availalable. For example, I worked at one international company and we had to do some interesting things regarding account information for people in China.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

I've sent feedback.
Interestingly, I can ask our early-morning seminary teacher about LDS accounts for youth--she can bring up a report in WISE indicating who has and who doesn't have a membership LDS Account, and she can look up their usernames.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”