Hidden callings?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dkarbuckle

Hidden callings?

Post by dkarbuckle »

I was looking at some of the options for viewing callings, and see that there is a filter for "hidden callings". However, I don't see a way to hide a calling. Am I overlooking something? How do you hide a calling?
eblood66

Re: Hidden callings?

Post by eblood66 »

After some experimentation it appears that 'hidden callings' are vacant standard callings where the vacant calling will not be shown by default. For example, in our ward we do not have any YW Assistant Advisers and those callings are hidden and don't show on the Callings by Organization list unless the 'hidden callings' filter is turned on. On the other hand, our HP Secretary position is currently unfilled and it does show up on the report even without the 'hidden callings' filter.

Basically some callings are strictly optional and are used only when circumstances need them. Others are generally supposed to be filled to have a fully functioning unit. The former are hidden when vacant, the later are not.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

Thanks for the explanation. This is not very intuitive and the are times when I would like to hide a calling. For example, in order for a high councilor to access a particular website, I've had to give them a calling in this area, and I'd like to hide this since they aren't actually called to that position.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I just discovered this today. I hid several standard callings we don't use, and I deleted several custom callings we no longer use.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dkarbuckle wrote:This is not very intuitive and the are times when I would like to hide a calling. For example, in order for a high councilor to access a particular website, I've had to give them a calling in this area, and I'd like to hide this since they aren't actually called to that position.
I don't think that will work. I don't believe you can hide a calling with someone in it, and the high councilor has to have a calling to have access. You can try, and if it works let us know, but don't hold your breath.

I think the option probably should say Hide Vacant Calling, not Hide Calling.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dkarbuckle wrote:For example, in order for a high councilor to access a particular website, I've had to give them a calling in this area, and I'd like to hide this since they aren't actually called to that position.
I'd discuss this situation with the stake. Odds are the HC is asking for access that isn't consistent with the church's view of his calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

dkarbuckle wrote:Thanks for the explanation. This is not very intuitive and the are times when I would like to hide a calling. For example, in order for a high councilor to access a particular website, I've had to give them a calling in this area, and I'd like to hide this since they aren't actually called to that position.
There is no option to "hide" a filled calling. As eblood66 described, this option is for hiding unused vacant positions.
lajackson wrote:I think the option probably should say Hide Vacant Calling, not Hide Calling.
The option is just a "(hide)" link that is visible when a calling is not filled. The link doesn't appear if the calling is filled.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”