Spouse incorrectly marked as deceased

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
theglow

Spouse incorrectly marked as deceased

Post by theglow »

I have a member that showed up in the unmarrieds section of the audit, which surprised me because I knew she was married and who her spouse is. When I looked into her record, the spouse was linked, but it showed up as Spouse (deceased). The spouse is a member and the link there went to his record (which did not show him as dead). I do not know how this happened, but I am just interested in fixing the link.

What should I do? Delete the marriage and re-enter it again? I am concerned I may not have all the info needed. I have seen places in LCR where it asks for more details than it shows. I am not sure if this is one of those places.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Spouse incorrectly marked as deceased

Post by russellhltn »

I'd call Local Unit Support. Attempting to fix it on your own is going to add false data (like a false divorce). That may not appear on the record you have, but would appear in the history at CHQ.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
theglow

Re: Spouse incorrectly marked as deceased

Post by theglow »

Salt Lake (mlssupport@ldschurch.org) fixed the problem after I contacted them.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”