Attachments in "Send a Message"

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Attachments in "Send a Message"

Post by jdlessley »

KMWhet wrote:I am the Assistant Stake Clerk for Finance and "Send a Message" is not in my Applications list. Should it be?
According to the Access Table - No.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:According to the Access Table - No.
Finance callings are a little different because permissions are so closely tied to actual financial work. It seems that it is felt that a finance clerk would not need to send out bulk messages to anyone. And even though he is an assistant ward (or stake) clerk, most other clerk permissions are not included with financial clerk permissions.

If someone is also performing other clerking duties, some leaders work around this limitation by also recording a ward or stake assistant clerk calling, which provides greater access, if the person actually is doing other things as a part of their calling.
jtjacks

Post by jtjacks »

where can we see the access table of who has access to "send a message". I would like to get the definitive list so I can brief the ward council.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jtjacks wrote:where can we see the access table of who has access to "send a message". I would like to get the definitive list so I can brief the ward council.
The access table is in LCR under Other > Access Table. Send A Message is under Forms in the table. Only the bishopric, executive secretary and clerks (except finance clerk) have access at the ward level.

Note that even the access table doesn't say which email groups each position can access. I believe there are a few groups which only the bishop or clerk can send to.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

eblood66 wrote:Note that even the access table doesn't say which email groups each position can access. I believe there are a few groups which only the bishop or clerk can send to.
Unless it has been changed recently, there aren't any differences in who bishops, counselors, and clerks can send messages to.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

scgallafent wrote:Unless it has been changed recently, there aren't any differences in who bishops, counselors, and clerks can send messages to.
My mistake. Last time I actually used Send a Message it looked different. So when I was looking I couldn't see how to send a message to all adults and I knew I had done that before when I was ward clerk. But now I see all the member groups are under a different drop down.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”