Attachments in "Send a Message"

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Attachments in "Send a Message"

Post by zaneclark »

I love the improvements in the recently updated Send a Message, but unless I am missing something, I still can't see a way to add attachments such as photos. I send a weekly newsletter to the ward, and would like to use LCR, but when I want to include photos, I have to use the cut and paste Directory email all. Would there be some way to use attachments in LCR?
supersc

Re: Attachments in "Send a Message"

Post by supersc »

I have the same issue. We desire all in our stake to receive information, and inline text does not serve the purpose solely.

Links do work but the newsletter capability has been removed from lds.org to store .pdf files for instance, which could previously be linked in a "Send Message".

Are there any plans to either add attachments as a capability to Send Message, or create a safe haven for storing documents or flyer tyle inages that require ligin to lds.org to access?

The alternatives are not pretty and are what the world is doing as a work around: unsecured drop boxes, blogs, social media, instagram, etc. So we have 10s of thousands of individuals finding their own, ynsecure ways.
krhinkey

Post by krhinkey »

This is really a pain to deal with. It seems like an easy fix. I am a Stake Clerk and am trying to send a PDF to all Bishoprics, EQ and HP presidencies and if I could just send teh PDF in the send a message tool life would be so good.....
rdean28

Post by rdean28 »

Best option, if the group is small enough, is let the recipients reply all and then include yourself in the email and reply all with the attachment from your email.
carlcon

Post by carlcon »

I would be happy just to figure out how to send a message let alone make an attachment. Can someone on this thread point me in the right direction? Thank you!!!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

What is your calling? You may not have access to this application in LCR.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

There are 2 ways to send messages, depending on your calling. If you are in the bishopric or a clerk, you can go LCR, and use Send a Message under Applications. Otherwise, you can open the Directory, go to the group you want to send a message to, and then select Email All. You will now need to copy and paste the email addresses into a mail program such as gmail. It’s a bit cumbersome, but it does have the advantage of allowing attachments. BTW, If you want to send to the whole ward using the directory, it is called Adults, and is under Ward Organizations.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:Otherwise, you can open the Directory, go to the group you want to send a message to, and then select Email All.
However, depending on the calling held, this method will likely miss anyone who has set their visibility to "Leaders Only".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

carlcon wrote:I would be happy just to figure out how to send a message let alone make an attachment. Can someone on this thread point me in the right direction? Thank you!!!
Since your calling has access to this function:
* Go to Leader and Clerk Resources
* On the gray menu, click Applications > Send a Message
KMWhet

Post by KMWhet »

I am the Assistant Stake Clerk for Finance and "Send a Message" is not in my Applications list. Should it be?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”