can a part member list be created from MLS or LCR ?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
merrellm

can a part member list be created from MLS or LCR ?

Post by merrellm »

Is it possible to create a part-member list from my ward directory in either MLS or LCR ?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: can a part member list be created from MLS or LCR ?

Post by aebrown »

merrellm wrote:Is it possible to create a part-member list from my ward directory in either MLS or LCR ?
See Part-Member Families in the wiki for instructions on creating an MLS custom report for this.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I have used that MLS custom report to produce a list of part-member families, and it works well. However, its accuracy depends upon whether all marriages, deaths, and divorces have been recorded. While MLS may be more lenient, LCR is very strict when adding a non-member spouse. LCR requires name and birthdate. I'm not sure how many non-LDS spouses are willing to provide their birthdates for our records.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:However, its accuracy depends upon whether all marriages, deaths, and divorces have been recorded.
Back when I was a clerk, there was always a number of inactive "singles" that were really married but we lacked the relationship to get the information needed to record the marriage. I suspect that's pretty normal for any ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”