Baptism and Confirmation Record for Readmission Form lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
pkcemail

Re: Baptism and Confirmation Record for Readmission Form lds.org

Post by pkcemail »

I have been approached by a former member who had his name removed from the rercords about 4 years ago, and he want's to come back into the church. I need to request a Report of Administrative Action form from the First Presidency, and don't know how. Thr "Readmission after Name Removal" section of LCR requires a membership record number, which I don't have. I only have his name, unit when he left the church and approximate timeframe when it happened.
How can I get the Report of Administrative Action form?
Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest calling CHQ, local unit support. I'm sure they could look it up or at least point you the right way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

pkcemail wrote:I have been approached by a former member who had his name removed from the rercords about 4 years ago, and he want's to come back into the church. I need to request a Report of Administrative Action form from the First Presidency, and don't know how. Thr "Readmission after Name Removal" section of LCR requires a membership record number, which I don't have. I only have his name, unit when he left the church and approximate timeframe when it happened.
How can I get the Report of Administrative Action form?
Thanks!
You didn't mention your calling. You probably need to be the bishop in order to call and get that information. Maybe if you're the ward clerk you could get somewhere.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pkcemail wrote:I have been approached by a former member who had his name removed from the rercords about 4 years ago, and he want's to come back into the church.
Is there a way to use full name and date of birth? That usually works if the former MRN is not available.

Or the phone call. Make sure you are working at the request of the bishop. If you are the clerk, you should be able to call on behalf of the bishop and ask them to send the Report to the bishop.
pkcemail

Post by pkcemail »

Yes, I am the Bishop. Sorry I did not mention that earlier. I certainly can get full name and DOB.
Who should I call with this information to have the report sent to me? Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pkcemail wrote:Who should I call
Local Unit Support. They may transfer you to Confidential Records.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

pkcemail wrote:The "Readmission after Name Removal" section of LCR requires a membership record number, which I don't have.
Go to Request Council Minutes or Name Removal Documents from Headquarters:
https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/ca/request-documents
Enter Name of Individual.
Enter Birth date.
Note: Membership Record Number is not required if birth date is supplied.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
pkcemail

Post by pkcemail »

Question: I am a Bishop, and a brother who requested name removal 5 years ago is going to be rebaptized and confirmed this week (all per Handbook 1). He was a non-endowed Elder at the time he requested his name removal. From reading Handbook 1 it is my understanding that no Ordination of Restoration of Blessings is required in this case since he was never endowed, and that he will be an Elder immediately following confirmation. Could someone confirm that that is correct? Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

pkcemail wrote:From reading Handbook 1 it is my understanding that no Ordination of Restoration of Blessings is required in this case since he was never endowed,
While I agree that 6.15 only applies to those who were endowed, it seems silent on the procedure for non-endowed Elders. Unless someone can find something more authoritative, I'd consult with the stake president. If he has questions, he can consult with his "up line".

This is mostly a community forum, so interpretations would be non-authoritative.

Edit: After reading 6.13.3, "After Readmission", second paragraph, I think you are correct. You may find additional details as you proceed though the process.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pkcemail wrote:He was a non-endowed Elder at the time . . .
. . . he will be an Elder immediately following confirmation.
As soon as he is ordained. After he is baptized and confirmed, he should have the Melchizedek Priesthood conferred upon him and he should be ordained an elder.

See Handbook 1:6.12.12, 4th paragraph, Ordination after Readmission, 2nd sentence.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”