Assign Out-of-Unit Members to participate in HT/VT

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dwilhelm

Assign Out-of-Unit Members to participate in HT/VT

Post by dwilhelm »

Please, Please, Add the ability to assign "Out of Unit" Members to Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching assignments on LDS.org. I know this is not a common problem for most wards but it would help us so much in branches where we have service missionaries assigned to the branch to help with HT and VT.
Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Assign Out-of-Unit Members to participate in HT/VT

Post by russellhltn »

dwilhelm wrote:Please, Please, Add the ability to assign "Out of Unit" Members to Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching assignments on LDS.org. I know this is not a common problem for most wards but it would help us so much in branches where we have service missionaries assigned to the branch to help with HT and VT.
This is not something in the developer's authority to fix. The rules have been handed down from the Priesthood department. I think you'd be in a much better position to take up the matter with the mission president to discuss with Church Headquarters.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dwilhelm wrote:Please, Please, Add the ability...
This was originally posted in the Feedback? topic, which deals with the Feedback mechanism. Since this is a specific feedback request regarding Leader and Clerk Resources, I moved it to the forum for LCR.

If you want your request to be heard where it can make a difference, you should use the Feedback link on LCR to make your request. This is a community forum, and it is unlikely that any decision makers will see your post here, but every comment using the Feedback link is read.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Most service missionaries don't have a mission president. Their priesthood leader for their mission is the stake president. The stake president may be able to discuss it with an area seventy if he feels it's important.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”