Sunday School: Gospel Doctrine Roster

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
srasay2

Sunday School: Gospel Doctrine Roster

Post by srasay2 »

I was recently called as SS Pres. - I am going through the classes, and I am wondering why there isnt logic that does something like this:
if calling = Primary or Sunday School, remove from Gospel Doctrine Rolls

My Gospel Doctrine rolls have 198 people, basically everyone > 18 yrs old... which includes FT Missionaries, Priests still in HS, and all of the Primary leaders and teachers and the SS teachers. It would certainly clean up the data if there was a way to apply the filter to those called in a way that they could not be teaching 14 yr olds and be attending Gospel Doc. at the same time.

Thanks for any guidance on how to manage the numbers better.

Rich
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sunday School: Gospel Doctrine Roster

Post by russellhltn »

That's a thought. However, that might also be too broad. For example, I know some wards call more than one Gospel Doctrine teacher. They alternate Sundays. In that case, when not teaching, they should be in SS class.

The other part, in the back of my mind, is everyone who isn't in the class due to their calling is supposed to be counted as attending. I'm not sure if that's 100% or not. I think that directive is in a odd place - like on the reporting form itself.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
srasay2

Post by srasay2 »

True - but they would also be listed as an instructor, and set apart to that class as an instructor.

I moved our FT Miss to our Mission Prep class, as it is a Stake class here, and not run on the ward level...

Its not a crisis, but it is interesting with all of the other greatness the tools provide. I am using the rolls as a way to track activity and Hastening the Work from the SS perspective... like who's missing out. By the time I sort through 200 names, class is over :P
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm puzzled about FT Missionaries being on the roll. You mean ones service from your ward? As I recall, the system doesn't deal with that too well. The old MIS system did better.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Maybe the names of people who have those callings could appear at the end of the roll in a separate group.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
srasay2

Post by srasay2 »

Correct - missionaries serving from the Ward.

Like I said, it's not a big issue. I know a lot of times the SS Pres role is not taken all that seriously, but I'm trying to wrap my arms around it.

Russell - I like the idea of a subgroup/ps list at the end. I'm not going to be an attendance sergeant, but I'd like to be able to shed some light on patterns, keeping in mind the idea of building multi-generational families.

Thanks for the inputs!

73s Rich

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”