Setting up new primary classes for 2016

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
1968leocomeeatabite

Re: Setting up new primary classes for 2016

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

wendyhickman wrote:We have 130+ children, 16 classes (most are divided in half, but some into thirds), and 33 teachers in our primary. We are putting all 33 teacher binders (for 2016) together on Monday (which is quite a chore) and would like to print out class lists to put in those binders using the Leader and Clerk Resources . It is already going be quite a job to change all of the teachers and move the children (whom we remix every year) into their new classes online . I want to know: What will happen if I enter all of the information in before the end of the year? Is the system going to try and move them up again once we pass the new year and undo all of my work? Will the system move kids from 9A into 10A or just into one class which we'll have to divide again. I already tried to see if I could print "next quarter" rolls, but if there was any type of division in the group below, it just generates a blank sheet. Though it is very inconvenient, would it just be better to wait?
Could one of you good members summarize for me the findings you discovered last year? Could you explain how you did this work? If we rely on default are you saying it will change when the new year come? When you make a custom class will it stay? When you create a custom class does it always stay a custom class until you change or delete it? Is there a help section that I can find? Thank you for your help.
wendyhickman

Re: Setting up new primary classes for 2016

Post by wendyhickman »

I checked online after the beginning of last year to see if all of my work setting up the new year and new classes was retained at the year change. Everything stayed right where I put it! I did have to go and move the one child that was not "out of sequence" but was supposed to be. The system showed all of the children as being "out of sequence" (with an asterisk) until we passed January 1st and then they were no longer labeled that way. All of our custom class changes all stayed the way we created them. One strange thing to note - there were several times during the year where we had to fix class lists. I'm not sure why but children would randomly shift classes. We weren't doing it and still don't know why it was happening, but we learned to recheck each class before printing out the quarterly rolls.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”