Downloading LCR Reports

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
elmowardclerk

Downloading LCR Reports

Post by elmowardclerk »

Can I download Reports from the LCR website into Excel or Word format (without paying a fee to Adobe)?
nathangrigg

Re: Downloading LCR Reports

Post by nathangrigg »

I can select the rows of a report, copy, then paste into a Google spreadsheet, where the table format is preserved. I would imagine the same thing happens with Excel or Word.
jnnfrdxn

Post by jnnfrdxn »

I'm finding that the table format is not preserved when I try pasting the rows to Excel or Google spreadsheets. Having this info available in Excel would be super helpful for tracking which HT families or VT sisters are not being visited over a longer period than three months. Can anyone provide an update on this topic?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jnnfrdxn wrote:I'm finding that the table format is not preserved when I try pasting the rows to Excel or Google spreadsheets.
Which LCR report are you copying from? I've copied the member list to a spreadsheet multiple times successfully.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When "screen scraping", choosing the right "paste" operation can be critical to success.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

elmowardclerk wrote:Can I download Reports from the LCR website into Excel or Word format (without paying a fee to Adobe)?
While Adobe Acrobat (for creating and editing PDFs) costs money, note that Adobe Reader is free. Also, most computers come with their own software that can read PDFs. For example, on a Mac, the built-in "Preview" app reads PDFs (I prefer it to Adobe Reader). Most web browsers these days will also open PDFs.
aebrown wrote:
jnnfrdxn wrote:I'm finding that the table format is not preserved when I try pasting the rows to Excel or Google spreadsheets.
Which LCR report are you copying from? I've copied the member list to a spreadsheet multiple times successfully.
Also, it might depend on what browser you're copying from.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
becs3

Post by becs3 »

Agree. Need export to Excel function.
McLaughlinES

Post by McLaughlinES »

I've mentioned this in similar topics. I get the impression that the church is tightening the privacy on church data. It already has a policy that no MLS data which would also apply to LCR membership data is to be extracted and used in a document that would be placed in the cloud. I see the church expanding the online reporting of LCR and the ability of those authorized to that information to see and even print it for appropriate church purposes. I get the impression that many of these offline reports are often created and intended to provide information to members beyond those authorized by LCR.
trentj2009

Post by trentj2009 »

I agree having the option export any LCR list to excel would be very beneficial
tttakahashi

Post by tttakahashi »

Copying and pasting from google chrome into a Gmail message tends to retain source formatting although sometimes the rows and columns do not match up.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”