"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jgmathis

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by jgmathis »

Is there anyway to grant the high priest group leader the ability to send a message to the entire high priest group? He used to be able to do this from the bishopric calling that he had, but now he cannot. I am the ward clerk, and can do this, but he would like to be able to do this himself. Can I somehow grant him access?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jgmathis wrote:Is there anyway to grant the high priest group leader the ability to send a message to the entire high priest group? He used to be able to do this from the bishopric calling that he had, but now he cannot. I am the ward clerk, and can do this, but he would like to be able to do this himself. Can I somehow grant him access?
No. Access to this function is limited to the bishopric and clerks. This is based on calling and is not a permission that can be granted.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jgmathis wrote:Is there anyway to grant the high priest group leader the ability to send a message to the entire high priest group?
He already has the ability to do this. But instead of the send a message through the LCR he should use the LDS.org Directory and click the "Email all High Priests..." link on the High Priests organization page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

He can also email all high priests through the LDS Tools app, under Organizations > High Priests.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
falkk

Post by falkk »

Hi,

I am a high priest group leader and I do not find the application tap in LCR to send a message to my group members. Is this how it is supposed to be or am I missing rights?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

falkk wrote:Hi,

I am a high priest group leader and I do not find the application tap in LCR to send a message to my group members. Is this how it is supposed to be or am I missing rights?
This post, just a couple earlier in the thread,
jdlessley wrote: ...
He already has the ability to do this. But instead of the send a message through the LCR he should use the LDS.org Directory and click the "Email all High Priests..." link on the High Priests organization page.
seems to indicate the link in question is in the directory, not LCR. Have you tried here?

https://www.lds.org/directory

If that does not work, make sure your calling is registered as a standard calling rather than a custom calling.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmrichesjr wrote:If that does not work, make sure your calling is registered as a standard calling rather than a custom calling.
I think that directory link is there for all ward members, not just leaders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The link in LCR is just there for bishopric members, exec secretary and clerks, not for the auxiliaries.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

For what it's worth, here's what one assistant ward (membership) clerk (who is assigned to meet with the elders quorum) is able to see:

In LCR: Applications -> Send a Message -> Members -> High Priests Group brings up a form with names and a a hieroglyphic that seems to represent an email address for some of the names. Presumably, clicking on 'Select All' would select all members of the HP group, and a message could be sent.

In Directory: Ward Organizations -> High Priests shows an 'Email all High Priests' button or link that brings up a list of email addresses that can be copy-pasted into an email client.

Not wanting to inadvertently send an actual message, I stopped testing of those two paths at that point. Is there someone here who is a leader of a MP quorum or group can test the above link chains to determine empirically what options a High Priests Group should be able to use to send a message?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rmrichesjr wrote:here's what one assistant ward (membership) clerk is able to see:

In LCR: Applications -> Send a Message -> Members -> High Priests Group

In Directory: Ward Organizations -> High Priests shows an 'Email all High Priests' button
A high priests group leader does not see the Applications menu in LCR, hence he cannot use the LCR Send a Message function. An assistant ward clerk does see Applications, so he has this option.

A high priests group leader sees the Directory option as described and is able to send messages that way.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”