"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jmarriott

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by jmarriott »

I am an elder's quorum secretary in a ward with 2 elder's quorums. I have access to the "email all elders" button in the ward directory, but I don't want to email all elders, I just want to email those elders that are in my quorum. Is there a way that this functionality could be added?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jmarriott wrote:Is there a way that this functionality could be added?
You can make a request via the Feedback link in LCR. That's the best way to make sure it gets to where it needs to go. And even if it happens, it probably won't be any time soon. The development team is very small and they work on things according to a priority list which is quite full.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jmarriott

Post by jmarriott »

russellhltn wrote:
jmarriott wrote:Is there a way that this functionality could be added?
You can make a request via the Feedback link in LCR. That's the best way to make sure it gets to where it needs to go. And even if it happens, it probably won't be any time soon. The development team is very small and they work on things according to a priority list which is quite full.
Thanks for the quick reply! But, I don't see a facebook link in LCR. Do you mean LCR on lds.org?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jmarriott wrote:Thanks for the quick reply! But, I don't see a facebook link in LCR. Do you mean LCR on lds.org?
It's a Feedback link, not a Facebook link. And yes, it is on LCR (Leader and Clerk Resources) on LDS.org.

It's on the right-hand side of the page near the bottom, and looks like this:
Feedback.png
Feedback.png (3.11 KiB) Viewed 2170 times
t0008sa

Post by t0008sa »

It would be nice to have some kind of way to save a message. I type a long message, carefully select who I want to send it to by checking boxes, and think I'd like to have my counselors review it before I send it out. So by the time I hear from them, the session has expired and the message is gone.

Obviously, I can compose the message first in another program, but it seems a saved, editable "Drafts" status would be very useful...
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Sent a message out a couple of days ago! IT IS AWESOME A new update happened September 8. https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... s?lang=eng
Enhanced the Send a Message tool by adding rich text formatting options.
suprised :o Very Happy :D So happy that I am Laughing and just tickled pink :lol: This is so cool 8-)

A BIG THANK YOU! THIS IS SO AWESOME!
dbenning

Post by dbenning »

Feature suggestion: the ability to send a test message from the "Send a Message" function, or some other mechanism so we can preview messages before sending them out.
Sometimes when we paste content into the message box, we get funny characters in the email. It'd be helpful to be able to send a message to our self to preview and proofread before we blast it to 1000 people.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We've been looking into this and I think our suspicion may be correct.... Paste content from where?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:.... Paste content from where?
My money is on MS Word. It's notorious for changing punctuation.

"quote" becomes “quote”
'single quote' becomes ‘single quote’
Don't becomes Don’t

I’m sure dashes change as well – but I’m having more problems duplicating that. Word does change it, but this web page changes it back.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The Send a Message tool shouldn't have problems with curly quotes. If it does, then it would have bigger problems (like not being able to support Chinese characters, Cyrillic, or even letters with accents).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”