"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by zaneclark »

Just to bring this thread up-to-date, Send a Message is now available to ALL auxiliary presidencies AND attachments are now possible! Great news!
jtjacks

Post by jtjacks »

Thanks Zaneclark. Was this announced somewhere or did you just discover it?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

reneeclark

Post by reneeclark »

jtjacks wrote:Thanks Zaneclark. Was this announced somewhere or did you just discover it?
I was helping a new EQ president yesterday and discovered it!
dramafreefamily

Post by dramafreefamily »

How does a member stop emails from being sent to the wrong email address? The function must be using "hidden" email addresses that have been removed by members because I keep getting notices from members that they have removed an email address from their LDS account (online and in tools) yet when I use send a message, they get emails to both the new and old, removed, email address. Any way to fix this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There are potentially 3 different emails: The household email (directory), the individual email (directory) and "contact" email address in ldsaccount.lds.org. The latter may or may not be linked with the individual email.

If you are a clerk, you can check the first two emails yourself. I'm not sure as anyone can check the last one other than the member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just did an experiment on attachment size....... It seems that somewhere between 2 and 2.5 MB is the limit... This was a very unscientific test and others may have different results, but it is at least a mark I can use is in sending attachments.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

We get attachments which is good but now the world is evolving and the ward orgs are requesting group texting functionality. Ugh. I just listened to a 7 minute discussion about it in EQ on Sundays and people suggesting installing 3rd party chat tools. Ack. Here in the USA, ATT has a 10 person group text message limit so SMS/MMS group texting really isn't a solution. It needs to be a broadcast text or maybe separate messaging functionality built into LDS Tools (more involved to make sure people are setup on LDS tools but overall a good thing for people to do anyway).
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I think it is important for members to "opt in" to text message groups. It is not appropriate for leaders to scrape contact information from the ward directory and automatically add members to such groups. The ward directory has visibility settings for a good reason, and we need to respect the privacy of those who have restricted the visibility of their contact information to leadership only.

Members must explicitly consent to contact, especially by intrusive group text messages.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

drepouille wrote:I think it is important for members to "opt in" to text message groups. It is not appropriate for leaders to scrape contact information from the ward directory and automatically add members to such groups. The ward directory has visibility settings for a good reason, and we need to respect the privacy of those who have restricted the visibility of their contact information to leadership only.

Members must explicitly consent to contact, especially by intrusive group text messages.
Yes, I presume such contact preference controls would be made available to an individual and the system would respect those choices. It's the same idea as my dentist office. I can choose email, text, or US mail for notification. However, without a system provided by the church -- then people are more likely to go rogue and use 3rd party tools. (again, ack!)

I will say the discussion in EQ about texting originated because people don't read their email. There were individuals requesting the EQ texts instead of emails. Or, they text saying people should read the email. (Yeah, I know, you're shaking your head.)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”