"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by scgallafent »

We tested with several of these scenarios. I just repeated a couple of tests to be sure.

Send a Message handles curly quotes and bullet lists coming out of Word. The bullet lists aren't formatted correctly in the edit pane, but they come through in the email along with curly quotes. Non-Latin text also works fine. (I tested with Cyrillic.)

We have had several reports of mangled text, but haven't got a reproducible case to work with. Word isn't perfect, but survives the trip better than initially expected.
Attachments
leader-messaging-test.png
(5.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:Send a Message handles curly quotes and bullet lists coming out of Word. The bullet lists aren't formatted correctly in the edit pane, but they come through in the email along with curly quotes. Non-Latin text also works fine. (I tested with Cyrillic.)
I wonder how much depends on the recipient's email system?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:I wonder how much depends on the recipient's email system?
That is also a possibility. At this point, reproducible examples would be a big help in chasing these issues down.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I've seen this sort of problem occur in other forums. While the curly quotes is one issue, sometimes it's an issue of being pasted from a Mac vs. Windows and the characters aren't interpreted properly.
tblackhurst

Post by tblackhurst »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Sent a message out a couple of days ago! IT IS AWESOME A new update happened September 8. https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... s?lang=eng
Enhanced the Send a Message tool by adding rich text formatting options.
suprised :o Very Happy :D So happy that I am Laughing and just tickled pink :lol: This is so cool 8-)

A BIG THANK YOU! THIS IS SO AWESOME!
Unfortunately, my sent messages do not keep the formats I set. The most recent one I sent to my ward used indentations for quoted texts, but the final result ran all the lines together.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Unfortunately, my sent messages do not keep the formats I set. The most recent one I sent to my ward used indentations for quoted texts, but the final result ran all the lines together.
I always send a test message, to myself, before I send out to my unit, to see how it will look! That way I can adjust how I want it to look. The quote thing has been discussed earlier in this thread. I am not smart enough to understand the ins and out of that, that is why I 1st send a test message so that I can adjust the message before I send the real one. ;)
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

In a different thread, someone said they had been able to include links to URL's without any special formatting.... I just tested this and it worked great with URL's both with without the https format.... I am using Chrome on an Apple computer....
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

zaneclark wrote:In a different thread, someone said they had been able to include links to URL's without any special formatting.... I just tested this and it worked great with URL's both with without the https format.... I am using Chrome on an Apple computer....
Some email clients convert URLs to clickable links on the receiving end – Gmail does this, as well as Apple Mail. I wouldn't be surprised if others did as well.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
flioresninetta@gmail.com

Re: Needing to contact the Bisoph of the Oakland 1st ward of which I am a member

Post by flioresninetta@gmail.com »

Hello,
I need to contact the Bishop of the 1st ward regarding housing information.
My email information is floresninetta@gmail.com.
Thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Needing to contact the Bishop of the Oakland 1st Ward of which I am a member

Post by lajackson »

flioresninetta@gmail.com wrote:I need to contact the Bishop
Contacting the bishop is not a part of the "Send a Message" function at LCR. You can locate contact information for your bishop by using the Maps function at LDS.org or by contacting any other member of your ward.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”