"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by scgallafent »

abc46 wrote:Looking at my member record, there is a "Preferred Name" field that is not populated. Perhaps it is looking in that field, and then not defaulting to the "Member Name" field when that field is empty. It doesn't appear that I can change my own Preferred Name online, but I'll try on Sunday. If this is the issue, then the Member Name field should probably be used as the backup when there is no Preferred Name.
It should be falling back to the member name if there is no preferred name.
josh.witt

Post by josh.witt »

It is showing "null" as the person sending the message in the auto text at the bottom of the email. Anyone know how to resolve this?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

josh.witt wrote:It is showing "null" as the person sending the message in the auto text at the bottom of the email. Anyone know how to resolve this?
Add a preferred name to your member record or wait for the big fix release of LCR that will be coming shortly.
mrgsandala

Post by mrgsandala »

I am an Ward Executive Secretary and have noticed a problem with 'Sending a message'....I use to send messages to 'Leaders' and 'Members' in my Ward and when I checked off the box for my name or calling, would also get a copy of the message that I sent to others....But Now, for some reason, when I select the group ( lets say Bishopric) they all get the message in their emails, but I Do Not....What has happened...??? Nothing about my computer has been changed but I never seem to receive a copy of any 'Message' that I send...Is this a 'Glitch' that is being worked on...??? Just want to see if I can do something to get back my copy of sent messages...!!! Thanks for all you do...!!!

If you have a fix, Please email me ....
mrgeoff@juno.com
Thanks...!!!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

You should always get a copy of a message you send. Have you checked to see if it is being caught in a spam filter?
Jonathan.Monson

Post by Jonathan.Monson »

I love the send a message feature in LCR. However I just found out that in only applies to bishoprics, clerks, and executive secretaries (on a ward level). For the leaders in quorums or auxiliaries they have to go a backwards way into the directory and copy and paste lists to e-mail their organization. It would be extremely useful if the Church allows the 'Send a Message' feature to be available to the leaders as well. Is there any plans for them to do this?

Jonathan Monson
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

Jonathan.Monson wrote:I love the send a message feature in LCR. However I just found out that in only applies to bishoprics, clerks, and executive secretaries (on a ward level). For the leaders in quorums or auxiliaries they have to go a backwards way into the directory and copy and paste lists to e-mail their organization. It would be extremely useful if the Church allows the 'Send a Message' feature to be available to the leaders as well. Is there any plans for them to do this?

Jonathan Monson
You will also notice that the directory only lists those who have the appropriate priesthood office. In our ward, we have several members who hold the office of Elder, yet go to the High Priest Group. We also have several prospective elders that meet with us. These individuals do not show in the directory under the Elders list. Every time I send an email to the EQ, I have to remember to remove people and add others. I have gone round and round with SLC on this, but have never received clear direction when the directory will mirror my EQ class list like LCR does.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dfchamplain wrote:but have never received clear direction when the directory will mirror my EQ class list like LCR does.
I think the answer is when the higher priority development tasks are done. When will they be done? They might have some idea, but it's too vague to share. They're done when they're done.

Basically, we rarely hear when things will happen, unless it's near release.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Jonathan.Monson wrote:I just found out that in only applies to bishoprics, clerks, and executive secretaries (on a ward level). For the leaders in quorums or auxiliaries they have to go a backwards way
We just send an email to the exec sec and ask him to use the "Send a message feature" to send it on to the organization members. While you "could" use the directory to copy the emails and send them yourself, that really only works if your organization is small... your email provider likely will limit your ability to send mass emails (gmail is 100 per dAy, I believe) or worse, flag you as a spammer and lock your account.

The calendar also is a "backwards way" to sending out messages.
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
tstear

Post by tstear »

I am a high priest group leader and cannot find the "send a message" or "email all" button/hyperlink anywhere!!!!! I am following the "Sending email to your ward or stake" help document under directory/managing directory. Seriously, where is the coordination between who writes the help files and what actually appears in LCR? I am frustrated. I want to send an email to the 40+ high priests in my ward. Do I not have permission to do this? What good is being the HPG leader if I can't email except for cutting and pasting 40 emails? Seriously? I am from unit 73911.

Here is the help file:
Click Ward Organizations.

Click the group you want to send an e-mail to.

Click Email all... below the title in the main column.

I can click the organization (high priests) and then they all show up on the right half of the screen but there is NO "click email all" button or hyperlink anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is this not possible for me?

Tim Stearman
HPGL Brighton 3rd ward
SL Brighton Stake

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”