"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by scgallafent »

psantangelo wrote:Do I really have to check off each box to send out a reminder email to the ward. I could choose send to all in the old version of send a message in LCR. There is no way I will be able to check all the boxes manually to send out an email to my entire ward or even quorums that would take forever.
You could just check the box at the top of the column to select everyone in the list.
psantangelo

Post by psantangelo »

Thank You so much scgallafent. I don't know how I didn't see that... That was quick too I love this forum!!!
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

It would be nice if that box were labeled "select all," though. I had the same concern the first time I saw it.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

mtwerner wrote:It would be nice if that box were labeled "select all," though. I had the same concern the first time I saw it.
It's on a list of items for the UI designer to revisit, but I don't think he's worked on a revised design yet.
ThomsonMA

Post by ThomsonMA »

Are there any plans for a "saved" distribution list? For example, we send stake announcements each week to the Stake Presidency, High Council, Ward Bishoprics/Branch Presidencies, and a handful of "other" individuals. Having to select each of these each week is pretty tedious. It would be nice to be able to save that list as a named "distribution list" and simply call it up each week.
mevans

Post by mevans »

psantangelo wrote:Do I really have to check off each box to send out a reminder email to the ward. I could choose send to all in the old version of send a message in LCR. There is no way I will be able to check all the boxes manually to send out an email to my entire ward or even quorums that would take forever.
There is a "Select All" checkbox in the header of the list. Just check it and you'll get everyone in the list.
Andersjp

Post by Andersjp »

I am trying to send a message to my Ward Council. I've filled out everything as far as I can tell, but when I click send message, a red box appears with no text in it. What can I do to send this message out?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Andersjp wrote:I am trying to send a message to my Ward Council. I've filled out everything as far as I can tell, but when I click send message, a red box appears with no text in it. What can I do to send this message out?
I'm sending you a private message.
destabrook

Post by destabrook »

On the subject of "Send a message," can I attach a document to an email sent through "send a message?" If so, how do you attach a document to the message to be sent?
Is it still disabled (as of 27 Sep 15)? I wasn't seeming to get a response when I clicked on the group to whom I wanted to send the message. Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

destabrook wrote:On the subject of "Send a message," can I attach a document to an email sent through "send a message?"
That is currently not available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”