Stake Family History Center Director

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
chrisgrant

Re: Stake Family History Center Director

Post by chrisgrant »

pete.arnett wrote:Standard Callings for Stake Temple Family History Center Staff
o Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--Family History Center (was the director)
o Stake Temple and Family History Consultant (all other callings)
In another thread, I was told by CDOL Developer Ryan Jones that "The Family History Center allows multiple callings of 'Temple and Family History Consultant--Family History Center'".
mikebgloss

Post by mikebgloss »

I would like to know how these changes came about. I have been a Stake (Temple & ?) Family History Centre Director for 8 years and no one has informed me that this calling has been discontinued. I think that by lack of knowledge or ignorance on the part of the staff who rewrote the organisational chart for Stakes that some parts have been altered or omitted unintentionally. I am open to being told that the changes came from the top organisations in the church. I still believe that the current changes have missed the point

I believe that there is a disconnect at the top of the chain of command in the Stake organisations, as it presently stands.

The High Councillor (1 or more) Directs and supervises the Temple and Family History work in the Stake. He supervises all FHC Directors, and all Stake consultants.

The Family History Centre Operations manual still shows that the centres are Directed by the FHC Director. Is this to be rewritten also. The staff are called as Ward Consultants and assigned as Stake T & Fh Consultants to serve in the FHC's. They are trained in Temple and Family History by the Stake T & FH Consultant Leader, and the Director.

There should be a Stake T & FH Consultant Leader, who is a Senior T & F H Consultant who is called to organise, supervise and train other Stake T & F H Consultants. He (!) needs to be a priesthood holder so that he can also meet with the High Councilman, and Elders Quorum representatives, in training meetings.

Tell me I am wrong and I'll accept it.

Director FHC
Wawick Perth WA Australia
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

On February 9, 2017, a notice was sent from the Family History Department to stake and district presidents, bishops, and branch presidents. That notice outlined changes to family history callings that were approved by the First Presidency. Here are some relevant points from that notice:
  • All family history callings are now called "temple and family history consultants."
  • Some temple and family history consultants may be assigned as lead temple and family history consultants. There is no listed requirement that these be priesthood holders.
  • Some temple and family history consultants may be given secondary assignments for stake family history center operations.
  • These changes supersede the former stake family history center director calling.
A member of your stake presidency or bishopric can provide you with a copy of the notice.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

scgallafent wrote:
  • Some temple and family history consultants may be assigned as lead temple and family history consultants. There is no listed requirement that these be priesthood holders.
Things have evolved since the February 9, 2017 letter. Based on an October 6, 2018 letter, an February 28, 2019 leadership training, and the April 2019 updates to Handbook 2, "Ward Temple and Family History Consultant—Lead" (which could be filled by men or women, and multiple people could hold the calling) no longer exists, and has been replaced by "Ward Temple and Family History Leader" (which is filled by an elders quorum counselor, or another Melchizedek priesthood holder under the direction of the elders quorum presidency). In other words, things have changed quickly and we're all trying to catch up. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”