Home Teaching Reporting on LDS.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Home Teaching Reporting on LDS.org

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:meaning that there are now three states: visited, not visited, and not reported. Feedback is split pretty evenly between people who love it and people who hate it.
I suspect the haters are the ones who gathered the minimum information for the old system (people visited) and when they found "there was a third possibility that we hadn't even counted upon", they were upset. Either that or they're complaining about the interface.

Of course, some people will complete about any change. There are some who lean by rote repetition and any change messes them up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bryaneh

Post by bryaneh »

scgallafent wrote:There is a recent change that has triggered lots of feedback. We added the ability to record when a member was not visited, meaning that there are now three states: visited, not visited, and not reported. Feedback is split pretty evenly between people who love it and people who hate it.
I absolutely love it. That's something that I've wanted for a long time. At least now you know if someone was contacted so two different people don't keep bugging someone over and over when they didn't go that month.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bryaneh wrote:At least now you know if someone was contacted so two different people don't keep bugging someone over and over when they didn't go that month.
If someone didn't visit them, maybe the teachers should be bugged by two different people. :D
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Actually, I've longed for the "no visit" and "unreported" stat since the days of MLS!

Ultimately, leaders now have an additional statistic to diagnose low numbers: You now can track WHERE the failure is occurring better. Is it my companionship that isn't getting out, or is my reporting process broken? Return and report is both doing the teaching and reporting on it- love it!
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
dslogue340

Post by dslogue340 »

absolutely needed...the question of whether the family was visited is now plain, if yes, if no, but no longer in the category of "I wonder is this is complete or just not yet answered.
Thankis for this change.
HPGL sec.
OneSavvySweetie

Post by OneSavvySweetie »

I'm curious if this is still in BETA or if it has been launched globally. Additionally, is it available to all members to do their reporting, or only to supervisors or presidents?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Home teaching reporting is only by specific callings. It is not available to the general membership to report their individual assignments.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

OneSavvySweetie wrote:I'm curious if this is still in BETA or if it has been launched globally. Additionally, is it available to all members to do their reporting, or only to supervisors or presidents?
Yes, the HT/VT support was released globally in June of 2015. It is only available to quorum and Relief Society leaders. Members cannot record their visits themselves. We've been told that there are no plans to add that ability.
carlackw

Visiting teaching

Post by carlackw »

After changes are made to companionship's and sisters assigned to that companionship, we need to be able to see what was prior to the changes...otherwise, you have no idea who was assigned to who if you don't have it all printed out before you make the changes. I.E. you make some changes in the middle of the month to take effect the next month but you would still like to see what is current. Hope that makes sense...
kellymab

Re: Visiting teaching

Post by kellymab »

carlackw wrote:After changes are made to companionship's and sisters assigned to that companionship, we need to be able to see what was prior to the changes...otherwise, you have no idea who was assigned to who if you don't have it all printed out before you make the changes. I.E. you make some changes in the middle of the month to take effect the next month but you would still like to see what is current. Hope that makes sense...
Many users have brought this up in the past. Unfortunately this forum is user to user based and we have no big influence on changes made. The best way to request this feature is to use the feedback feature at the bottom of the page in LCR.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”