New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
scubadox

Re: New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Post by scubadox »

We are now beta testers for the LCR 3.0 Beta, and it's exciting to see all the new features! One little hiccup so far: Our High Priest secretary is an Elder. We are not able to assign him as the High Priest secretary in MLS or LCR, because apparently he needs to be a High Priest to hold that position. We created a custom position, but it has no LCR "rights", so he cannot administer the home teaching capabilities in LCR. The High Priest's Group Leader is discussing with the Bishop the idea of making him a High Priest, but in the meantime he has no LCR High Priest access. Any suggestions?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

scubadox wrote:We are now beta testers for the LCR 3.0 Beta, and it's exciting to see all the new features! One little hiccup so far: Our High Priest secretary is an Elder. We are not able to assign him as the High Priest secretary in MLS or LCR, because apparently he needs to be a High Priest to hold that position. We created a custom position, but it has no LCR "rights", so he cannot administer the home teaching capabilities in LCR. The High Priest's Group Leader is discussing with the Bishop the idea of making him a High Priest, but in the meantime he has no LCR High Priest access. Any suggestions?
Has he been moved in as a member of the High Priests Group organization?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
CWatsonJr

Post by CWatsonJr »

I want to make sure I am not missing something. In going over the 3.0 release notes, it does state:

"Home and visiting teaching management. Using the Organizations menu, high priests group leadership, elders quorum presidencies, and Relief Society presidencies can now manage home and visiting teaching information for their respective organization. Stake home and visiting teaching reports are also available."

Since I can not find any HT/VT links in the Organizations menu I am assuming this only available in the beta regardless of the release notes? Just to be clear, I am the Ward Clerk so I would think the reports would be available to me.

Thank you
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Correct; home and visiting teaching management and reports is only available in Leader and Clerk Resources 3.0. If you're not on the beta, your version is 2.8. You can check the version by scrolling to the very bottom of the Leader and Clerk Resources home page.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scubadox wrote:One little hiccup so far: Our High Priest secretary is an Elder. We are not able to assign him as the High Priest secretary in MLS or LCR, because apparently he needs to be a High Priest to hold that position.
That's what Handbook 2: 7.3.3 says. I don't think there's any workaround for that.

What is unclear is if he can serve as an assistant secretary. It appears an assistant need only be a prospective elder. The next question is if an assistant secretary would have the desired rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

scubadox wrote:Our High Priest secretary is an Elder. We are not able to assign him as the High Priest secretary in MLS or LCR, because apparently he needs to be a High Priest to hold that position. We created a custom position, but it has no LCR "rights", so he cannot administer the home teaching capabilities in LCR. The High Priest's Group Leader is discussing with the Bishop the idea of making him a High Priest, but in the meantime he has no LCR High Priest access. Any suggestions?
I would start with Handbook 2, 7.3.3. According to the handbook, he should be a high priest if he as serving is the secretary in the high priests group. You could make him an assistant secretary (an assistant secretary can be a prospective elder), but there is an issue right now with that. MLS will accept the calling, but it is not updated when it gets to CDOL. We have submitted a request to have this reviewed, but I don't think there has been a change yet. See this thread for more details.

Short answer: There isn't anything you can do right now except have him ordained a high priest.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

CWatsonJr wrote:"Home and visiting teaching management. Using the Organizations menu, high priests group leadership, elders quorum presidencies, and Relief Society presidencies can now manage home and visiting teaching information for their respective organization. Stake home and visiting teaching reports are also available."

Since I can not find any HT/VT links in the Organizations menu ...
Correct. If you are not on the beta, you will not see the features listed in the release notes.
CWatsonJr

Post by CWatsonJr »

sbradshaw wrote:Correct; home and visiting teaching management and reports is only available in Leader and Clerk Resources 3.0. If you're not on the beta, your version is 2.8. You can check the version by scrolling to the very bottom of the Leader and Clerk Resources home page.
Thank you very much. The new changes to LCR are so awesome - I am excited to see what is in store for the future. It has made things so much easier for me!!
bounder1996

Post by bounder1996 »

[list][/list]
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

bounder1996 wrote:[list][/list]
[list][/list]

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”