New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Post by scgallafent »

hpaulsen wrote:Also, just to make sure, should the Elders' Quorum wish to call someone to be a "Home Teaching Coordinator", which I do not believe is a standard calling as it is in the Relief Society, there is no way to grant them the ability to perform this calling with lds.org, right?
That is correct.
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

I do believe that there is a calling entitled Home Teaching District Supervisor which I thought was a standard calling. Would this calling have access?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Home Teaching does not this calling as standard, only VT
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

That is strange. LCR does not show the Home Teaching District Supervisor as a custom calling.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Interesting, that's pretty new, you're right it is a standard calling. Pretty sure it'll have the access needed
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think it would be safe to say that if the calling has "home teaching" or "visit teaching" in the name AND it's a standard calling, it will have some kind of access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
fletch74

Post by fletch74 »

Is there a way to self-enroll in the LCR 3.0 beta? I'm in contact with a stake clerk in Utah who was able to get enrolled via a contact in his ward or nearby. My stake really wants to participate, and I'd like to know if beta participation requires a golden ticket (special invite) or if we can simply sign ourselves up, somewhere.

We want to "climb aboard," before the April 23 beta train leaves the station!

NOTE: Although this page (https://www.lds.org/help/support/about- ... s?lang=eng) supposedly points to a set of instructions for enrolling in the LCR beta test group (https://www.lds.org/help/support/applic ... p?lang=eng), the referenced page is sadly NULL. :(
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

fletch74 wrote:Is there a way to self-enroll in the LCR 3.0 beta? I'm in contact with a stake clerk in Utah who was able to get enrolled via a contact in his ward or nearby.
Technically, his stake is in the alpha. If he was added via a contact in his ward, that contact is a Church employee who works on the development team. Those are the only stakes on LCR 3.0 at this time.

There is not a way to self-enroll in the LCR 3.0 beta.
nikk3hi3tala

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

scgallafent wrote: Yes. Ward visiting teaching coordinators have access to manage visiting teaching. Ward visiting teaching district supervisors also have limited access to view companionship and assignment information and record contacts made by sisters assigned to their districts.
This is great. I was already a bit worried because the release notes don't say it:
Home and visiting teaching management. Using the Organizations menu, high priests group leadership, elders quorum presidencies, and Relief Society presidencies can now manage home and visiting teaching information for their respective organization.
If VT coordinator doesn't get access to the LCR, her calling becomes almost unnecessary.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

When the release notes were written, we were still waiting for final direction on how access for visiting teaching coordinators and district supervisors should be implemented. That has been completed and is in the first beta.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”