New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Post by zaneclark »

Just found a message on MLS stating that in order to avoid conflicts with tithing settlement and other year end functions, HT/VT on LCR will not be available until the first quarter of 2015..... Crying, but I understand....
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Post by sbradshaw »

For reference, here's the message that was sent out sometime this past week:
In a previous message sent in August 2014, it was noted that the ability to update and edit callings and manage home and visiting teaching assignments would be added to LCR in late Fall 2014. However, in order to avoid conflicts with tithing settlement and other year-end processes, the release of this functionality in LCR has been moved to the first quarter of 2015.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
acrobin

Post by acrobin »

Does this include updating visit reports as well as assignments?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

acrobin wrote:Does this include updating visit reports as well as assignments?
I'd imagine that it includes all functions currently in MLS. I've seen messages that suggest that HT/VT will be removed from MLS in the next year. However, there's no indication that it will be opened up for companionships to self-report. So the information will still have to be gathered the way it is now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:However, there's no indication that it will be opened up for companionships to self-report. So the information will still have to be gathered the way it is now.
In fact a church developer indicated that there will not be an option to self-report. So leaders will gather information directly and input it just as they do with MLS.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:I've seen messages that suggest that HT/VT will be removed from MLS in the next year.
Home teaching data will not be synchronized between LCR and MLS. When a unit moves to LCR for managing home teaching, MLS switches to a read-only mode (to allow access to historical data, if needed) and all updates must be done in LCR after the change.
siredge

Post by siredge »

Will the ward/stake decide when the change will take place or will it be rolled out on a fixed schedule?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

siredge wrote:Will the ward/stake decide when the change will take place or will it be rolled out on a fixed schedule?
All of the discussions I have been involved in have approached this from the premise that the ward or stake will make the decision on when to change. I expect we'll revisit that and finalize our plans as the changes head into beta.
siredge

Post by siredge »

Let me know if you need beta testers.
calebemiller

Post by calebemiller »

Will there be a built-in approval function for changes for the Bishop?

Even if HTers can't self report, can they at least view their assignment in real time?

When changes are made to a HT assignment will the distribution process continue to be print/hand-out or will there be any new distribution features?

Will access to LCR HT functionality be all or nothing? ie..Can HT district supervisors be given rights over specific Companionships in their district but not other districts?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”