No WC access to Missionary Progress Report?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mevans

No WC access to Missionary Progress Report?

Post by mevans »

We're in a mission that uses iPads. Upon reviewing the updated LCR site, it doesn't appear to me that ward council members have access to the Missionary Progress Report (found on the Other menu). This report isn't even shown on the table of permissions. It sure seems to me that ward council members should have access to this report. In fact, I think my wife did at one time have access to that report (back when I found out they were doing some tests with the Primary President calling).

Is it planned to give ward council members access to this report? I'm checking with the ward mission leader to see if he has access. In the access table, his calling is separate from other ward council members, so maybe it will work for him?
mevans

Re: No WC access to Missionary Progress Report?

Post by mevans »

The ward mission leader got back to me and said that he does have access to the report. So I guess the only ones who can see this are the bishopric and the ward mission leader? It seems like it would be good to share with the whole ward council, as when I was on a ward council, they usually copied the paper report every week and handed it out to the ward council members.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:It seems like it would be good to share with the whole ward council, as when I was on a ward council, they usually copied the paper report every week and handed it out to the ward council members.
One of the effects of going with a on-line system is it becomes "one size fits all". I suspect what you experienced was the exception rather than the rule.

Is there is any need set by policy for the whole WC to know the status of missionary work? That would be your best tool to argue for a change. There's certainly nothing preventing your ward from continuing to pass it out during the meeting.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

mevans wrote:It seems like it would be good to share with the whole ward council, as when I was on a ward council, they usually copied the paper report every week and handed it out to the ward council members.
The missionaries usually make copies for our Ward Council as well.
russellhltn wrote:Is there is any need set by policy for the whole WC to know the status of missionary work? That would be your best tool to argue for a change.
Lessons taught with members. That's essentially why we receive the missionary progress reports now and if you add in the fact that people who are checking out the church receive HT'ers/VT'ers, that's a very good reason to expand access to the progress report.

Hopefully that access is expanded so we can all be on the same page. :D
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

The link should be available now.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
SusanKridler

Post by SusanKridler »

I know this thread is old, but in case it helps anyone...
After some searching, a post by anthonysheffield on the following forum led the way, and I've paraphrased it below.

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18809

How to navigate to the Missionary Progress Record:

Go to the LDS.org website.

At the top right, click on “My Account and Ward” with the circular icon and from the resulting pull-down menu, click “Sign in”.

Type your LDS Account username and password and again click “Sign in”.

From the resulting drop-down menu, click on “Leader and Clerk Resources.”
(Note: Here you can also choose “Patriarchal Blessing” to get a digital copy of yours.)

On the Leader and Clerk Resources page, on the far right, click on the drop down menu and for “Other”.

Click “Progress Record”.

This loads the Missionary Progress Record for your local unit. When logged in, it can also be accessed from the “Hastening the Work” page. It features categories for investigators, returning members and Weekly Key Indicator Numbers. As the missionaries enter data into their iPads and sync the app online, this gets instantly updated.
Last edited by SusanKridler on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

SusanKridler wrote:I sure wish I could find it. I'm 2nd Counselor in Relief Society and was told I should be able to see it, and that it had more details than the paper report, but so far I cannot find where to view it.
Go to Leader and Clerk Resources, then on the Other menu there is a section called Missionary, with an item called Progress Record.

My wife is a counselor in Relief Society and she can definitely see the option.

I've attached a screen shot to help you see how to get to this option.
Attachments
ProgressRecord.png
(49.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mevans

Post by mevans »

For a while only a few people could see this report. As jkitterman indicated on 9 Sep 2014, a change was made. Now the ward council should be able to see it.
shs47

No Ward Missionary access to Missionary Progress Report?

Post by shs47 »

When I mention ward missionaries in this post I do not mean full time missionaries but those in the ward who have callings to work in the ward mission efforts. I have been the ward mission leader in NC for 1 yr now. Our ward has called several ward missionaries to be part of the ward mission. Right now that I know of the ward missionaries do not have access to the progress record online. Is there an expected future date of when ward missionaries will be able to access this. Is it possible currently and I just do not know how to make it possible for them to see it?
Thanks for you help.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Ward missionaries don't currently have access to the progress record or anything on Leader and Clerk Resources. You can submit feedback using the link on the lower right side of Leader and Clerk Resources and maybe the access policy will be reviewed.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”