Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15033
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Postby aebrown » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:52 am

caustin7024 wrote:I just moved out of the Bishopric and into HP Group Leader, but I cannot move families into my quorum for home teaching purposes. What am I missing?

You can't do anything to affect what quorum a household appears under if they have not been assigned a home teacher. If that's what you're asking, then you're just out of luck at this point.

However, you can assign any household to be home taught by any companionship. See this post for steps (and you may want to review the ensuing discussion for some background and additional explanations). That will allow you to move any household into a companionship that reports to the HP Group.

mevans
Senior Member
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Postby mevans » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:16 am

russellhltn wrote:
caustin7024 wrote:I cannot move families into my quorum for home teaching purposes. What am I missing?

You're missing nothing. That feature doesn't exist at this time.


Are you talking about assigning families to a particular quorum for home teaching? That is possible; it's just not intuitive. Or are you talking about something else? russellhltn is usually amazingly familiar with everything, so his response that it's not possible makes me wonder if I'm misinterpreting the question.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2536
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Postby eblood66 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:31 am

mevans wrote:Are you talking about assigning families to a particular quorum for home teaching? That is possible; it's just not intuitive. Or are you talking about something else? russellhltn is usually amazingly familiar with everything, so his response that it's not possible makes me wonder if I'm misinterpreting the question.

I think russellhltn means that you can't directly assign families to a particular quorum for home teaching such that they show up as unassigned in that quorum even when they don't have home teachers.

However, you can assign them to a companionship in either quorum by manually entering them (as described here). This does indirectly assign them to another quorum but only as long as they are assigned home teachers. I'm sure that's what you're referring to.

Both answers are right depending on how you look at it.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 22865
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Postby russellhltn » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:11 am

eblood66 wrote:I think russellhltn means that you can't directly assign families to a particular quorum for home teaching such that they show up as unassigned in that quorum even when they don't have home teachers.

However, you can assign them to a companionship in either quorum by manually entering them (as described here). This does indirectly assign them to another quorum but only as long as they are assigned home teachers. I'm sure that's what you're referring to.


Both statements are correct.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Zeanie46
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Postby Zeanie46 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:32 pm

Will Stake Relief Society Presidents ever have access to ward visiting teaching reporting?

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2536
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Postby eblood66 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:11 pm

Zeanie46 wrote:Will Stake Relief Society Presidents ever have access to ward visiting teaching reporting?

It seems unlikely given the first item in the LCR FAQ.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 22865
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Postby russellhltn » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:04 pm

eblood66 wrote:
Zeanie46 wrote:Will Stake Relief Society Presidents ever have access to ward visiting teaching reporting?

It seems unlikely given the first item in the LCR FAQ.

I'd suggest reviewing Handbook 2: 15.4.1 and 9.8.2. In order for the Stake Relief Society President to gain access to the VT, someone is going to have to make a good case to the Brethren as to why it's needed given the responsibilities outlined in the handbook.

The main one I see is in training ward leaders - but that sounds to me like something that would be done in a meeting with the ward leader and jointly reviewing the report. The way I read it, the Stake RS President is a trainer, not a supervisor.

As usual, local leaders hold the keys to interpreting the Handbook. If after consulting the manual they feel the Stake RS presidency needs this information, they can direct the Ward RS or a clerk to print it out for them.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

abraves247
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:51 pm

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Postby abraves247 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:55 pm

I am trying to get on the Leader and clerk resources but I get an access denied error. I am the Elder's Quorum Secretary. Should I have access to this or is it just the President/Councilors?

User avatar
sbradshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 3443
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Provo, UT
Contact:

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Postby sbradshaw » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:02 pm

You should have access to at least some of the tools on Leader and Clerk Resources.

Is your calling recorded properly – are you listed in your calling, between the Relief Society 1st counselor and secretary, in the LDS Tools app or in the LDS.org Directory?

How recently was your calling recorded?

How are you getting to Leader and Clerk Resources – are you going through the LDS.org menu or clicking a link?

Is the LDS Account you're logging in with connected to your membership record number? (you can check at LDSAccount.LDS.org)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

ulaaoelua
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:33 pm

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Postby ulaaoelua » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:44 pm

I am a member of the Ward Council, 1st Counselor to the Relief Society president but when I click into my Aua 3rd Ward, it says "Access Denied." Can you help me please? Thank you.


Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests