"Send A Message" - unable to send to all members

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
trunner

Clerk Resources Email Function Not Working

Post by trunner »

Trying to send an email to all Ward members and get a message that either the email function is not working or there is a bad email address. I can send a test message to myself without a problem. This has happened once before and after multiple attempts to sent an email, all attempted email with sent out (multiple emails to all Ward members). Talked to the support team and their answer with to get email address for all 160 members that had opted out or did not have an email address on lds.org. This is not a practical solution!!! Please fix this issue as it prevents Ward Clerks from sending email messages out to all Ward members.

Tom Runner
trunner@knology.net
phodge

Re: "Send A Message" - unable to send to all members

Post by phodge »

FYI - I have had problems sending email through Leader Resources - and, playing around with it, I discovered the failed message would succeed if I shortened it. There must be a character limit on emails... If so, it would seem a msg stating the character limit was exceeded would be preferable to a msg which says that either the system is down, or there is an invalid email address in MLS... Just sayin'....
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I've sent some pretty long messages in the past. You might check to see if there was a problem character in the text you removed.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This post (three posts back) was merged with this thread because the topics are the same, or at least closely related.]
trunner wrote:Please fix this issue as it prevents Ward Clerks from sending email messages out to all Ward members.
We recommend you send feedback using the LDS.org feedback link. That is the official feedback source. While there is a chance someone who can do something about the problem may visit this forum, it is not certain.

As you can see from this thread there is a discussion attempting to locate the cause of the problem.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
phodge

Post by phodge »

Maybe it was a bad character, but still, a msg to that effect would be better than what was returned...
trunner

Post by trunner »

OK, just tried again but this time I cut the message length in half and sent the Announcement in two parts. I worked!!! Looks like the previous error message leaves a lot to be desired -- problem has nothing to do with email addresses. Problem was with message length. Thanks for the help.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”