See history “Send Message” in LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bsummie

See history “Send Message” in LCR

Post by bsummie »

I sent a message using LCR this afternoon. Is there a way to go back and see the historical message and who it was sent to?
Thanks!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: See history “Send Message” in LCR

Post by scgallafent »

jtsummie wrote:I sent a message using LCR this afternoon. Is there a way to go back and see the historical message and who it was sent to?
No. There isn't anything that would provide this information.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

If I include myself on the distribution list and click the "Allow recipients to reply to all" box, I receive a copy of the message, including the distribution list.
Enabling this option allows message recipients to reply to everyone who received the message. When enabled, everyone who receives the message will see the email addresses of the other recipients.

This option is not available when sending a message to members who are not ward or stake leaders.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Harmonywyo

Post by Harmonywyo »

I was also wondering about being able to go back and see the history of what I had sent out and to whom. Twice now some of my emails make to the designated person and then some do not. I do send to myself also I do not receive it either. I guess my only other choice is to keep re sending it. Maybe this is some thing that needs to be changed.

Note:
I also have not received any conformation of email being sent if it is a group email. When I send to a individual one I do get the conformation in my personal emails.
italyrm

Post by italyrm »

How is this even possible that there's no history of sent emails? This tools is ridiculous. I have sent emails now for 3 weeks in a row - get responses from the church that the email "sent", andEVERY SINGLE MEMBER says "I got nothing". I have receipts in my email that the message was "sent". But there's no history through the front end. Come on Church IT......
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

When I use Send a Message I always include myself as an addressee. That way I know whether or not the message was actually sent, as opposed to the "confirmation" from SaM that seems to have no meaning.
stevebinch

Post by stevebinch »

This should really be a core requirement. Either include a way to view "history" / "sent", or give an explanation why this feature is intentionally omitted. We want to use the proper church tools to fulfill our callings. Don't give people reasons to just use gmail, I could save myself an hour each week if I used gmail to send messages to the members instead of LCR.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

How is this even possible that there's no history of sent emails? This tools is ridiculous.
This should really be a core requirement. Either include a way to view "history" / "sent", or give an explanation why this feature is intentionally omitted.
The Tech Forum is primarily member-to-member discussion, and is not directly connected to the Church IT group. Ideas like yours should be submitted via the standard "Feedback" link available at the bottom of most Church webpages, or inside any of the Church apps.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”