Can't submit PB recommend for recently moved-in members

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
GrasseDD

Can't submit PB recommend for recently moved-in members

Postby GrasseDD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:31 am

Is there a restriction on submitting a recommend for patriarchal blessing for a member recently moved in?
Step 1 (Type the member's name and click Next when the correct member is selected) won't access names of members moved in within the last 58 days.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't submit PB recommend for recently moved-in members

Postby russellhltn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:45 pm

GrasseDD wrote:Is there a restriction on submitting a recommend for patriarchal blessing for a member recently moved in?

We'd have to wait for a developer to comment. I don't think there's any restriction per the Handbook, but the developers might have been given one based on the "business rules" handed down by the Priesthood Department.

Just as a note, today is the 44th day of the year. I wondered if perhaps the "58 days" was a bug of some kind because of being so close to the beginning of the year - nope.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

drepouille

Postby drepouille » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:56 pm

My stake does not participate in online submission of PB recommends. We print them from MLS. I wonder if printing them from MLS is also available to units that also participate in online submissions?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

GrasseDD

Postby GrasseDD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Follow up with solution:
In the PB submission page, click on Settings and then Refresh membership. This syncs the PB data with MLS.
(Thanks to lds.org feedback for pointing it out. I thought I had read the instructions, but there it was, at the very bottom of the Help page!)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”