Easier way to add/tag individual photos?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jimmy.fuller

Easier way to add/tag individual photos?

Post by jimmy.fuller »

My ward has done a reasonably good job of uploading household photos (which we take of families as they come in for regular interviews like tithing settlement). However, the significance of having individual photos never occurred to me until I realized that the LDS Tools app only pulls individual photos to display. So, I've undertaken an effort to get individual photos uploaded, but this apparently means either retaking photos or cropping individuals out of family photos and re-uploading.

Is there an easier way? (I'm envisioning some sort of tagging feature a la Facebook that would make it easy to identify individuals, but I'm sure my dreams are grand.) (Also, I'm in the bishopric, so I do have access to all of the features and admin privileges, as far as I know.)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jimmy.fuller wrote:Is there an easier way? (I'm envisioning some sort of tagging feature a la Facebook that would make it easy to identify individuals, but I'm sure my dreams are grand.)

Yes, your dreams are grand. A tagging feature like that would be really cool and save a lot of time, but there is no such feature now.

So as you mentioned, your options are basically to take new photos of individuals or to crop individuals from family photos to create individual photos.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
stanmoore1

Post by stanmoore1 »

I'm in a YSA ward, so the household photo and the individual photo are always the same. It would be really nice if we could just click a button that duplicated the photos instead of having to upload, assign, and approve everyone's photo twice :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It might be nicer if the individual photo became the default family photo for households of "one".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
n.oliver

Post by n.oliver »

RussellHltn wrote:It might be nicer if the individual photo became the default family photo for households of "one".
+1 :)
(possibly just 2 lines of code, one being an 'if' statement?)
jimmy.fuller

Post by jimmy.fuller »

Ha, sorry for the delay getting back to this, the holidays got busy. I was thinking it might be easier to address this at the LDS Tools app level, something like: if individual photo exists, display it, if not, display household... I was surprised to learn that it looks like the iOS version of the app already has this logic built in, but the Android app is (as always) behind by a few features.

At any rate, I'm happy to have what is available now, it's leaps and bounds ahead of where we were only a couple of years ago. Thanks all!

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”