Almost whole stake disappeared. How come?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
moronilemes

Almost whole stake disappeared. How come?

Post by moronilemes »

Hello, guys!

I really love the directory feature in LDS.org, as I mentioned on my blog http://anjomoronibrasil.blogspot.com/2011/02/precisa-o-numero-de-alguem-da-ala-chega.html, but suddenly everybody disappeared, leaving my and one more family left in the ward. Didnt find yet a reason for that.

The same happened to other wards and some just 'dont have members'.

My location: Brazil > Sao Paulo > Itu Stake > Indaiatuba Ward

Thanks and hugs!

Moroni Lemes:cool:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I wonder if in Brazil the Church decided to adopt the same policy as the European Union, where people only show up in the Directory if they have explicitly opted in by editing their household profile and choosing to have their household displayed. That decision would be made at the Area level.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

that sounds like it. It really is a terrible situation - as it almost renders the directory useless.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

But in countries where that is a legal requirement, the church has no other option.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

you are of course correct - but that doesn't alter the fact that I cannot use the directory, or the online messaging, or the interview scheduling modules, at all, unless the vast majority of the ward and stake opt in.

It's such a shame to be so hamstrung, when the tools are all right there.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”