Locked directory account

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
lindaw1

Locked directory account

Post by lindaw1 »

My account has an orange line around it and displays an orange lock, how do I unlock it?

Also. how do I shrink the map, I would like to see more of the directory and only pull up the map when I need it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Locked directory account

Post by russellhltn »

I assume you're talking about the "Ward Map and Directory".

The lock indicates a privacy level. You can change yours by clicking on your household, and then on the edit icon (a blue circle with a pencil). Then at the top, switch to "Privacy".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lindaw1 wrote:Also. how do I shrink the map, I would like to see more of the directory and only pull up the map when I need it?
Currently the frames for the map and the directory are fixed. We suggest that you provide feedback through the feedback link found at the bottom on many churchofjesuschrist.org (formerly lds.org) web pages. For some reason the footer with the links, such as the feedback link, are not part of the CSS for the Ward Directory and Map page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

To send Feedback to the directory team, click on the (?) icon on the upper-right of the directory. The left panel changes to Help. The second link down is "Send Feedback."

I send one feedback, but I don't think the person that got my communication understood. There are many Directory/Map things about which I want to send feedback again through this different channel to see if it gets any results.
Erichzone

Re: Locked ward directory account

Post by Erichzone »

After trying to “unlock” my ward directory name which was in orange and had a padlock symbol on it.

Then reading several comments on how to “unlock” my profille so that the ward members could see it

I finally “unlocked” it by going to switching the tab from “ward member” or “ward or stake presidency” to “stake member” and it unlocked my profile from orange letters to black and no longer a padlock icon beside my name.

There are several tabs in each section like the household and other sections which have the tabs to switch to “stake members “ so you have to hunt them in all your profile tabs

I don’t know why anyone mentions a privacy tab which I never saw so that option was never available to me.

So try my simple way of switching every tab from “ward member” or “ward and stake presidency” to “stake member”
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I don’t know why anyone mentions a privacy tab which I never saw so that option was never available to me.
Those posts were all from 5 years ago, and the Church has changed the functionality and user interaction since then. But it's good that you posted your results, that will help anyone else finding this thread in 2024, to hopefully follow what you did successfully.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”