New Directory and Photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

New Directory and Photos

Post by zaneclark »

Unless I am missing something, I cannot see a way to view all the photos in the directory. The old directory had the option of viewing all the photos in one link... I used this frequently to keep track of who needed a photo. It seems that anything to do with photos has be eliminated from the new directory.
klricks

Re: New Directory and Photos

Post by klricks »

When you click the [Print] icon there is a popup menu where you can choose [Show Photos].
Assistant Ward Clerk
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

klricks wrote:When you click the [Print] icon there is a popup menu where you can choose [Show Photos].
The print menu I am looking at doesn't have anything about photos. I can choose to show only heads of households or full address, etc., but nothing about photos.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

zaneclark wrote:
klricks wrote:When you click the [Print] icon there is a popup menu where you can choose [Show Photos].
The print menu I am looking at doesn't have anything about photos. I can choose to show only heads of households or full address, etc., but nothing about photos.
Ok, I did find a "Show Photos" after selecting households, but it just allows you to print out a directory with photos... I liked the option to show all the photos with one link.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Clerks and bishopric can see all the photo at once in LCR under Membership > Manage Photos.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

eblood66 wrote:Clerks and bishopric can see all the photo at once in LCR under Membership > Manage Photos.
Once again I'm embarrassed that I didn't find that....thank you!
mevans

Post by mevans »

zaneclark wrote:
eblood66 wrote:Clerks and bishopric can see all the photo at once in LCR under Membership > Manage Photos.
Once again I'm embarrassed that I didn't find that....thank you!
The problem is that not everyone in the unit is a clerk or bishopric member. Being able to browse photos is a very helpful way to find people. Maybe you don't remember the person's name, but remember what the person looked like. You could open the photo bowser and look for the person. I've done that many times. I can still do it in my unit because I'm an assistant clerk, but I also used it to help remember some other people in the stake I've met, but couldn't remember their names.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

In the Tools app, if you sort by individual, it shows photos, which makes it easy to scan down and see which ones are missing. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to sort by individual on the online directory.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

sbradshaw wrote:In the Tools app, if you sort by individual, it shows photos, which makes it easy to scan down and see which ones are missing. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to sort by individual on the online directory.
Thanks for the tip. I don't think i'd ever paid attention to the sort option in Tools; I've always used Household. Still, the photos are so small that it's difficult to use for identification. Also, sometimes there's only an individual or a household photo. The old directory photos I believe let you see both in one view, which was very helpful (LCR gives this to you...it would be nice to add the LCR view without editing to the Directory).

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”