Ministering assignments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
msd360

Ministering assignments

Post by msd360 »

While I can see my ministering assignments from my entry in the Directory on the LDS Tools mobile app, I cannot find a way to get this information from lds.org. As a resident ward geek, I have been approached by a representative of the relief society responsible for communicating this information who is finding some members who do not have access to LDS Tools, but do have access to the Directory on lds.org, and is aware of the admonishment from the pulpit that there will be no more "little strips of white paper".
eblood66

Re: Ministering assignments

Post by eblood66 »

There is no way for a member to view their assignment on lds.org at this time.

Personally, I didn't think the comment about slips of paper meant that you couldn't hand out printed assignments. Rather I thought it meant that the leader should talk to the brother or sister and talk to them about their assignment rather than JUST giving them a piece of paper. But that doesn't mean they can't give out a printed assignment during that talk. If the leader just tells the brother or sister to look in LDS Tools and nothing else, that's really no better.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Personally, I didn't think the comment about slips of paper meant that you couldn't hand out printed assignments. Rather I thought it meant that the leader should talk to the brother or sister and talk to them about their assignment rather than JUST giving them a piece of paper.
That's the way I interpreted it as well. The point is that they are to talk, not just pass out assignments and check off boxes.

I don't think the code for the directory had been updated in some time. Perhaps on the next update - whenever that will be.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

msd360 wrote:I cannot find a way to get this information from lds.org.
That would be because it is not there to be gotten by individual members. I do not know if this is on the radar as a future feature or not.
msd360 wrote:I have been approached by a representative of the relief society , , , who is , , , aware of the admonishment from the pulpit that there will be no more "little strips of white paper".
Just as with the former home and visiting teaching system, you can make assignments without "little strips of white paper". The expected way is that a member of the presidency will visit with each ministering companionship and the companionship will take notes (unless they have excellent memories).

Incidentally, you shouldn't need to be getting information for the Relief Society. The presidency has access to all the information they need to conduct ministering interviews and to make ministering assignments.

"Little strips of white paper" have never been needed in the process of these assignments. I have been at this for over 45 years and have never been given such a thing.
msd360

Post by msd360 »

lajackson wrote:Incidentally, you shouldn't need to be getting information for the Relief Society. The presidency has access to all the information they need to conduct ministering interviews and to make ministering assignments.
Excuse me for giving the best assistance I could when approached by someone with a legitimate question and with the proper authority who was unable to resolve the problem through the available channels. The previous responses are appreciated and were sufficient without your comments. If my editorial comments were offensive to you, I apologize for that, however I do not apologize for stepping in to help when asked for assistance.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

msd360 wrote:Excuse me for giving the best assistance I could when approached by someone with a legitimate question and with the proper authority who was unable to resolve the problem through the available channels. The previous responses are appreciated and were sufficient without your comments.
I apologize. I did not intend for my comment to be critical of what you are doing. I wrote it poorly and I am sorry it came across that way.

I deal more often with a different set of circumstances than you described. I should have been more careful and not have imposed my experience upon yours.
Chrisrpeterson

Post by Chrisrpeterson »

The RS & EQ Presidencies have the ability to view and edit the ministering assignments. On the screen where the assignments are edited, they can be printed out for each ministering brother / sister.
t.gauge.klein

Post by t.gauge.klein »

I am a RS President - on what page can I do the editing as I have not been able to find it on LDS.org or LDS Tools. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

t.gauge.klein wrote:I am a RS President - on what page can I do the editing as I have not been able to find it on LDS.org or LDS Tools. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks
LCR = Leader and Clerk Resources

http://lcr.lds.org
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hancockrs

Post by hancockrs »

I agree. I can not see any ministering assignments via the LDS.ORG webpage. I can using the LDS Tools app. However, I am using an Android and can view, but can not copy any of the data to send, print, etc. My friend who uses an iPhone, can easily do that. How do I copy, send, print etc. these assignments using an Android device? I don't see any such functions on my phone.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”