Feature Request: Moderated "Send a Message" available to all ward members

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
willshi

Feature Request: Moderated "Send a Message" available to all ward members

Post by willshi »

I don't know if this is the ideal place to post this, so apologies if not. My ward uses google groups for ward email lists. I would prefer to use the church "Send a Message" system, and abandon the reliance on google, but for one feature: the ability of any member of the ward to send an email to the entire ward, subject to approval by a moderator. Google groups allows this, but my understanding is that the Leader and Clerk Resources "Send a Message" feature does not, because it is restricted to particular callings. I imagine that messages to the ward could be approved by a clerk, executive secretary, bishopric member, ward website administrator, or other designated moderator, similar to the way that photos for the directory are currently approved.

Would other people like this feature? Who could I contact to see if the church would implement it?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Feature Request: Moderated "Send a Message" available to all ward members

Post by rmrichesjr »

Since this is a user-to-user forum rather than an official help request channel, it's anyone's guess whether this thread will even be seen by a Church employee in the right area to take note of the feature request. For other feature requests, two suggestions have been given the most often:
  • 1) Submit the idea through the 'Feedback' button or link. I understand the service missionaries somehow tally up such feature requests, and if enough people request something, it is sent up the chain for consideration.
    2) Request your stake president consider submitting the request up his chain of command. If I understand correctly, that's the most likely path to get a result.
Meanwhile, has your ward leadership considered assigning a designated forwarder? Members would send email to the designated forwarder (with a suitable calling to allow sending) to be considered to be sent out.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”