Page 1 of 1

EQ presidencies gone from Directory

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:47 am
by kreeve
Log into LDS.org and go to Ward Leaders under Directory, and the category of Elders Quorum Presidency is gone, as are those in those called positions. I realize the directive was for Stake Presidents to release the current EQ presidencies and call new ones under the combined Quorum, but it looks like electronically it was done Globally?

Re: EQ presidencies gone from Directory

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:23 pm
by eblood66
Yes. There was an LCR update on Sunday that removed all HP and Elder's quorum presidencies from their callings. It does indicate that they should still function in their callings until a new EQ presidency has been called even though they are no longer listed.

Re: EQ presidencies gone from Directory

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:45 pm
by drepouille
eblood66 wrote:Yes. There was an LCR update on Sunday that removed all HP and Elder's quorum presidencies from their callings. It does indicate that they should still function in their callings until a new EQ presidency has been called even though they are no longer listed.

Yes, and I had to chuckle when I saw that message yesterday. Our HPGL was trying to update home teaching for the quarterly report, but was locked out. The same goes for the still present and serving EQ presidency. I explained that the only statistic I need from them for the quarterly report is the MP and PE attendance numbers for March.

Re: EQ presidencies gone from Directory

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:27 pm
by scgallafent
kreeve wrote:Log into LDS.org and go to Ward Leaders under Directory, and the category of Elders Quorum Presidency is gone, as are those in those called positions. I realize the directive was for Stake Presidents to release the current EQ presidencies and call new ones under the combined Quorum, but it looks like electronically it was done Globally?

Yes, it was. Those were our instructions from the First Presidency.

drepouille wrote:Yes, and I had to chuckle when I saw that message yesterday. Our HPGL was trying to update home teaching for the quarterly report, but was locked out. The same goes for the still present and serving EQ presidency. I explained that the only statistic I need from them for the quarterly report is the MP and PE attendance numbers for March.

There is no way for Melchizedek Priesthood or Relief Society leaders to record visits. That functionality was removed from the application yesterday.

Re: EQ presidencies gone from Directory

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:21 pm
by russellhltn
And for the obvious follow-up questions, from ministering.lds.org:
"Elders quorum and Relief Society presidencies keep a record of the interviews they hold with ministering brothers and sisters. Leaders indicate the month interviews are held and who participated in them. They report a companionship as interviewed if at least one member of the companionship is interviewed during the quarter.

By August 1, 2018, updates to the LDS Tools app and to Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org will be available for such reporting. Changes in the Quarterly Report will also be available mid-2018. More details for leaders and clerks will be provided in an upcoming notice from Church headquarters."

Re: EQ presidencies gone from Directory

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:12 am
by JonSevy
So EQ and RS leaders are expected to maintain and update the current HTing (Ministering Brothers) and VTing (Ministering Sisters) routes with paper records for the next few months?

Where can our local leaders find directions for the interim? Our ward leaders are simply stalled, and we have one new member who after 2 months still has not been assigned either to minister or be ministered to. In wards overseas, where one reported having no time for sacrament talks due to the need to confirm multiple new members weekly, the situation in our ward would seem to be a hardship on both anxiously engaged leaders and multitudes of other individuals in need.

Re: EQ presidencies gone from Directory

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:40 am
by eblood66
JonSevy wrote:So EQ and RS leaders are expected to maintain and update the current HTing (Ministering Brothers) and VTing (Ministering Sisters) routes with paper records for the next few months?

EQ and RS leaders can already create companionships and assign families/sisters to companionships just as they were able to do for HT and VT (they just changed the names but otherwise that part of the site still works the same).

The part you can't do yet is record whether interviews have been held with companionships.

Re: EQ presidencies gone from Directory

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:08 pm
by russellhltn
JonSevy wrote:Where can our local leaders find directions for the interim?


ministering.lds.org and ministeringresources.lds.org

Re: EQ presidencies gone from Directory

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:01 pm
by davesudweeks
eblood66 wrote:
JonSevy wrote:So EQ and RS leaders are expected to maintain and update the current HTing (Ministering Brothers) and VTing (Ministering Sisters) routes with paper records for the next few months?

EQ and RS leaders can already create companionships and assign families/sisters to companionships just as they were able to do for HT and VT (they just changed the names but otherwise that part of the site still works the same).

The part you can't do yet is record whether interviews have been held with companionships.


I believe the part you also cannot do yet is assign YW to Ministering Sister companionship's. That is also supposed to be available by the August 2018 update.