Add Pictures

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
turtlezeke

Add Pictures

Post by turtlezeke »

Household. I lam trying to add pictures to the household area. Every time I select a picture and try to save, I get a red message that says: "There were problems saving try again. I have tried several times and on several days.
mevans

Re: Add Pictures

Post by mevans »

I'm guessing you're using the web app and not LDS Tools? I'm also guessing you're not a clerk, assistant clerk, or bishopric member?

There have been random problems for a while with photo upload. I haven't upload photos in several weeks, so I don't have a feel for the current situation.

Here are some things you can try:
  • Try uploading the photos through the LDS Tools app instead of the web site. Sometimes this has worked better.
  • Try we website using different web browsers. I'm not convinced this really has made a difference when I've had problems, but maybe it made me feel like something worked better.
  • Try reducing the size of the photos being uploaded. Some people suspected a larger file size caused problems.
  • Ask a ward clerk or assistant clerk to try uploading the photos for you. The clerk has different options: uploading directly on a family/individual's page, or through a bulk upload. I'm an assistant clerk found most of my problems were with bulk upload and the individual upload usually worked when bulk upload failed. Have the person try both options. If one method fails, maybe the other one works.
  • Submit feedback using the link at the bottom of the page that you're having problems. This is a user-to-user forum. Occasionally, church employees visit. The Feedback link gets your problem submitted to the church. It's not always fast.
  • Keep trying. Maybe it will work sometime. This has been a frustrating problem.
If you're still having problems, feel free to post back here with your experiences. People here can be helpful, we just aren't the developers, so we don't have access to everything.
teddonaldson

Post by teddonaldson »

I changed browsers and it worked- thanks!
swells1975

Post by swells1975 »

This is still an ongoing issue for several individuals in my ward. Each of them has tried uploading with different browsers and different photos with the same error. Has anyone found out the root cause or a valid solution for this that consistently resolves it?
mevans

Post by mevans »

swells1975 wrote:This is still an ongoing issue for several individuals in my ward. Each of them has tried uploading with different browsers and different photos with the same error. Has anyone found out the root cause or a valid solution for this that consistently resolves it?
I've never found a consistently valid solution. See my previous post from 8 Mar 2018: that's still pretty much what I find, although clerks and bishopric members could also try uploading through LCR, which I didn't mention in the previous response. From my perspective as a clerk who uploads many photos a year, I don't see the problem that frequently anymore, whereas I used to encounter it all the time. It seems that something has improved, but it's still a problem.

I would encourage you to have people submit their problems through the Feedback link at the bottom of the page. Maybe if enough people mention the problem its priority will rise. That's a maybe, we we don't really know how projects are prioritized.

Also, your profile does not indicate where you are located. If you're somewhere on the planet with poor or slow internet connections, I wonder if the process times out before it completes. I remember I used to get unexplained timeout errors, and I generally have pretty fast internet connections.
melaniefrancis

Post by melaniefrancis »

Many people in my ward are having issues uploading their pictures as well. Sometimes it will show the pictures next to their name but when you click on the picture it disappears. Very frustrating. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and syncing and different browsers and nothing seems to be helping...any other thoughts??
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

It appears the developers are aware of the issue: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=35144&p=201103&hi ... em#p205893

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”