Discrepancy between Directory and Leader & Clerk Resources

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
BarryHill

Discrepancy between Directory and Leader & Clerk Resources

Post by BarryHill »

As a High Counselor over Temple & Family History, I work closely with stake High Priest Group Leaders. When I look in the directory of the Lewisburg, PA ward under leadership the High Priest section is blank. in fact, when I go to the ward directory and try to look up the HPGL by name, he does not even show as a member of the ward. Yet, if I go into Leader & Clerk Resources for the same ward it lists him as the HPGL and shows him and his household included in the ward membership.

It seems this has to be a bug in LDS.org

Any ideas on what is going on or how to resolve it.?

Thanks,

Barry
Biggles

Re: Discrepancy between Directory and Leader & Clerk Resources

Post by Biggles »

You might find that he has set the Directory visibility options to private. In the UK these are set to private by default, as is most of Europe. The US, by default, has these options set to full visibility.
BarryHill

Post by BarryHill »

Thank you, I had not thought of that. If he had set it to "leadership OnlY" itmight let me see it in Leader & Clerk Resources but not in the director section. I thought it would at least show his name just not his address and phone number etc.

Barry
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

barryhill wrote:Thank you, I had not thought of that. If he had set it to "leadership OnlY" itmight let me see it in Leader & Clerk Resources but not in the director section. I thought it would at least show his name just not his address and phone number etc.

Barry
There is an option to make all information about an individual private (actually you can make an entire household private as well). There are also options to just hide address, phone numbers and/or email addresses.

"Leadership only" for the directory currently means just Stake Presidency, Stake Clerks and Exec Secs, bishoprics, ward clerks and ward exec secs. So even though you can see them in LCR, you wouldn't be able to see them in the directory if their privacy settings say Leadership Only.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”