Non-member Reference

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
khay5020

Non-member Reference

Post by khay5020 »

Greetings,
I am told that non-member family members could once be added to church records for reference purposes. The LCR does not seem to have such capabilities. Is there any way to add such are reference?

Thank you,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Non-member Reference

Post by russellhltn »

You can add them to what I call the "genealogy" section of a member's records, but by in large, they won't appear in any display or report.

Once upon a time, you could add non-member records - but no more.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

If children are blessed in the church (usually as a baby), but never baptized, they have a record that remains unless it's canceled. They aren't official members because they haven't been baptized, but there is a record. I was trying to find the Handbook reference to this, but didn't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Handbook 1: 13.6.2
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:Handbook 1: 13.6.2
Thanks. I was close, but missed it. I got distracted by the title of section 6, "Church Discipline and Name Removal" and didn't spend enough time in section 13.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”