Directory and Non-Member Spouses

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ARTEST4ECHO

Directory and Non-Member Spouses

Post by ARTEST4ECHO »

I am the Ward Assistant Clerk - Membership.

I have a very active sister member whose husband is a non-member spouse. She requested that we help her change the setting in the online Directory/LDS Tools App to not show her husbands name. However, she wants to be able to show the name of her kids and herself, but just not his name.

As far as I've been able to figure out, there is no way to do this. While I can do it with her name and her kids names, as they are member, I cannot do anything with his name. When I click the "Edit" button, there are no choices when it come to his name. I actually have fewer choices when it come to his name, as the only thing I can do is set the whole family to Private, but that blocks all of them from the directory.

Is there any way to achieve what this sister wants?

Brother Berry
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Directory and Non-Member Spouses

Post by aebrown »

ARTEST4ECHO wrote:I have a very active sister member whose husband is a non-member spouse. She requested that we help her change the setting in the online Directory/LDS Tools App to not show her husbands name. However, she wants to be able to show the name of her kids and herself, but just not his name.
Is there any way to achieve what this sister wants?
You need to contact the Global Service Center and ask for the non-member husband to be suppressed from the Directory. That's not something you can do yourself.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Directory and Non-Member Spouses

Post by russellhltn »

If GSC doesn't understand, point out the directory FAQs that point out suppressing the record of a ex-spouse.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”