Pending approval of directory photo's

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
dhavron

Pending approval of directory photo's

Post by dhavron »

I submitted photos in the directory of both my wife and myself and it states "pending approval". It has been saying that for over 6 months. What is the process?
eblood66

Re: Pending approval of directory photo's

Post by eblood66 »

A clerk or member of the bishopric must go to the directory and approve the photo before it will show to other members of the ward.
mevans

Post by mevans »

eblood66 wrote:A clerk or member of the bishopric must go to the directory and approve the photo before it will show to other members of the ward.
And you probably need to tell the clerks they need to do this. There are probably many clerks and bishopric members in the church who don't know about approving photos. If they don't know how to approve photos send them here and we'll help them.

Post by 128262 »

Please make a simplified version of how to get to the photos to approve them. Please put all the photo stuff on "one" page.
This is ridiculous running through an obstacle course to do it. Thank you... R. Clark. Membership Clerk
mevans

Post by mevans »

128262 wrote:Please make a simplified version of how to get to the photos to approve them. Please put all the photo stuff on "one" page.
This is ridiculous running through an obstacle course to do it. Thank you... R. Clark. Membership Clerk
I find it quite simple and straightforward and on one page. Perhaps you could elaborate on the difficulty you have with approving photos?
jtjacks

Post by jtjacks »

Bigger issue is that there is no function to flag to clerks/leaders that there are photos waiting for approval (or at least it is not apparent).
Apparently, they are just supposed to magically know when they need to go look at photos.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

jtjacks wrote:Bigger issue is that there is no function to flag to clerks/leaders that there are photos waiting for approval (or at least it is not apparent).
Apparently, they are just supposed to magically know when they need to go look at photos.
In a recent update to the LCR home page, in a quite prominent position near the top, there is now a notice (In blue) labelled 'New Photos' and how many (If any). Clicking on the link takes you to the Directory area to approve photos!
jtjacks

Post by jtjacks »

If you happen to notice the flag, it helps. I agree that it is a great improvement over to search down through three levels of menus to check. However, it is still a system based on the user remembering to check (user polling driven).

LCR desperately needs more "push" functionality - i.e. send me a notice that there is something waiting for my approval or when there have been changes pushed into our ward (like membership records). That was leading edge functionality - in 1990. Today it is common as dirt in virtually all online tools - LCR being a glaring exception.
mevans

Post by mevans »

At some point there were email notifications about outstanding photos to approve. I don't know if that still happens.

I make it a habit to check the directory every day to see if there are new photos to approve (for the few times a year that a member actually uploads a photo). Most of the time, I'm the one taking the photos and uploading them.

If the email notification doesn't still happen, it would be great to add the feature or fix it so it works. I imagine most clerks aren't looking every day for photo uploads. I imagine there are some clerks who don't know they need to approve photos and the photos are queued and waiting for approval.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”