display cub scouts?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
geekiemommie

display cub scouts?

Post by geekiemommie »

Hello! Under the Directory --> Ward Organizations, would it be possible to add Cub Scouts to that list? It would be so nice for leaders to be able to see that! Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: display cub scouts?

Post by jdlessley »

There is little chance those that make these kind of decisions will see this thread. Instead we recommend the LDS.org feedback link be used to send this feedback to those who make those decisions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Okay, thanks!
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Cub Scout. leaders are displayed under Ward Leaders/Primary.

Under Ward Organizations you will notice that none of the Primary age children is displayed which would include the Cub Scouts. I can only suppose that the reason behind this it for protection of the children which I think is a good thing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't think any of the current computer systems track who is and is not a cub scout. I don't think it's automatic for a given age range. So I don't think the data is there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I don't think any of the current computer systems track who is and is not a cub scout. I don't think it's automatic for a given age range. So I don't think the data is there.
Actually the Cub Scout dens are 'classes' in the Cub Scout organization (under the Primary organization). Each den (at least for LDS organizations) is based purely on age and is populated automatically. They show up in both MLS and on Clerk Resources (under Organizations). I'm pretty sure they don't show up in the Directory for privacy reasons (just like the Primary children don't show up under Ward Organizations) and not for technical reasons.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

I understand for private reasons for other wards, but ward members can see kids in their ward under the directory anyway.

I know the Young Women leaders love that they can click on Ward Organizations --> Beehives, and see the girls they're over. It would just be nice for Cub Scouts leaders to be able to do the same thing.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

geekiemommie wrote:I understand for private reasons for other wards, but ward members can see kids in their ward under the directory anyway.

I know the Young Women leaders love that they can click on Ward Organizations --> Beehives, and see the girls they're over. It would just be nice for Cub Scouts leaders to be able to do the same thing.
They can see the kids in their ward but they can't see their ages. Showing cub scout den membership would reveal that additional information.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”