DIRECTORY PHOTO UPDATES NOT SHOWING

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
willisa

DIRECTORY PHOTO UPDATES NOT SHOWING

Post by willisa »

When members update their own photos on the lds.org directory, I can see the pictures when I access lds tools on my phone, but on my computer browser I can't see them. It looks like nothing has been done.

Why is this? Does the clerk need to approve their photos?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: DIRECTORY PHOTO UPDATES NOT SHOWING

Post by russellhltn »

willisa wrote:Does the clerk need to approve their photos?
Quite likely. Member uploaded photos have to be approved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
willisa

Post by willisa »

But why then would the photo show up on my phone lds tools? A bug?
willisa

Post by willisa »

And . . does the church have a official tech support phone number I could call to find out? I'm not finding it anywhere.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

willisa wrote:But why then would the photo show up on my phone lds tools? A bug?
You didn't say what your calling is, or who uploaded the photos (you or someone else). Those would be helpful pieces of information before we draw any conclusions.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

willisa wrote:And . . does the church have a official tech support phone number I could call to find out? I'm not finding it anywhere.
The general support number is 855-LDS-HELP. But we've heard several reports that support for the tools on LDS.org such as Directory and Calendar, or for mobile applications, is sparse to nonexistent, and people are often directed to come here to LDSTech to ask their questions. But you could give that number a try.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aebrown wrote:
willisa wrote:But why then would the photo show up on my phone lds tools? A bug?
You didn't say what your calling is, or who uploaded the photos (you or someone else). Those would be helpful pieces of information before we draw any conclusions.
Also, if you aren't a clerk or in the bishopric it would be good if you could ask one of them to look and see if the photos in question are waiting for approval or not.
mevans

Post by mevans »

eblood66 wrote:Also, if you aren't a clerk or in the bishopric it would be good if you could ask one of them to look and see if the photos in question are waiting for approval or not.
There's no push notification to these people to let them know there are photos waiting for approval. If your unit isn't actively using the tools, your clerk/bishopric member might not even know what you're talking about. If that's the case, you might need to get someone with permission to log in and show him what he needs to do. If you need help, come back here and let us know what you've done.
jnickle

Post by jnickle »

If you read the information posted on the lds.org website it explains that you can upload a photo to your household information. Obviously YOU CAN SEE THE PHOTOS ON YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER but for others to see the photos it has to be approved by an administrator to verify modesty etc...
willisa

Post by willisa »

Thank you so much for all the help.

I am the Relief Society President in my ward.

We did figure out that pictures had to be approved by the clerk. Check. Now I can see them on my computer.

However, I could actually see those pictures on my phone tools before they were approved. I'm assuming that is a bug.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”