New Photos (1)

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Michael.C

New Photos (1)

Post by Michael.C »

I am ward clerk and therefore have the ability to approve new photos for our directory. It currently says there is one new photo waiting for approval, but when I click on "New Photos (1)" it is blank. How can I find this "missing" photo or at least clear the new photo indicator?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: New Photos (1)

Post by jdlessley »

I see this same thing and have been looking for a cause and a solution for two months now. The people at LUS have been no help. I think it is a programing bug. I have just resigned myself to seeing "New Photos (1)" when there are none. If the number goes up then I know there actually are some awaiting approval.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder if it's caused by someone submitting a photo and then removing it. If that's the case, then you could submit a dummy photo for that person and remove it. That should clear it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ojhurst

Post by ojhurst »

I think it's a bug as well.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I am resurrecting this old thread to see what others are seeing in regard to this. I now am in a ward where the bishop and his counselors use the Directory and use their administrator rights. One irritating point is the presence of that "(1)" when it should be nothing or "(0)".
russellhltn wrote:I wonder if it's caused by someone submitting a photo and then removing it. If that's the case, then you could submit a dummy photo for that person and remove it. That should clear it.
I would like to be able to do that except there is no way to find out who that would be if that is in fact the case. But I really doubt it. This is the third ward I've been in where this is an issue.

I still believe it to be a coding error or a bug . Unfortunately submitting feedback only results in an automated reply that they got the feedback. No other responses have come in a year or more. And the problem is still there. This is probably such a low priority that it has most likely fallen of the list of things to even consider working on.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
fernsten

Post by fernsten »

jdlessley wrote:I am resurrecting this old thread to see what others are seeing in regard to this. I now am in a ward where the bishop and his counselors use the Directory and use their administrator rights. One irritating point is the presence of that "(1)" when it should be nothing or "(0)".
I am having this same issue and it is driving me crazy. Any updates on a resolution?
fernsten

Post by fernsten »

Bump.
dbollard99

Post by dbollard99 »

I also have experienced this problem for over a year now. Mine says "New Photos (2)". I can still upload photos successfully, and so can members. When members upload their own photos, I see the number go up, and then I know to check it, otherwise I just ignore it when it stays at "2".
Daniel75Ray

Post by Daniel75Ray »

My wife and I were called about a month ago to help get, approve, and manage photos for our ward directory. At first everything was fine and it showed "New Photos (0)" when there was nothing to approve. Then about a week ago it started showing "New Photos (1)". As far as I know, I did nothing to help encourage this, but it is already getting old. Any news on a solution?
fernsten

Post by fernsten »

Bump.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”