Teacher aged up to Priests Quorum but doesn't show up on web

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sasgrw

Teacher aged up to Priests Quorum but doesn't show up on web

Post by sasgrw »

In MLS, he automatically shows up in the PQ. I didn't have to assign him to that quorum. However, on the website, both the ward directory and leader resources, he still shows up in the teachers quorum. He turned 16 a month ago.
AileneRHerrick

Re: Teacher aged up to Priests Quorum but doesn't show up on

Post by AileneRHerrick »

We are experiencing the same problem with one of the Young Men in our ward. Does anyone know what to do?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I imagine you have to have done a Send/Receive in MLS after the time that the young man turned 16 in order for his new class to be transmitted to CHQ. But since most wards transmit at least once a week, that's unlikely to be a problem for more than a few days. I don't know what else might cause this unusual behavior.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

aebrown wrote:I imagine you have to have done a Send/Receive in MLS after the time that the young man turned 16 in order for his new class to be transmitted to CHQ. But since most wards transmit at least once a week, that's unlikely to be a problem for more than a few days. I don't know what else might cause this unusual behavior.
Thanks aebrown! I instructed the Young Men's Presidency to speak with the Ward Clerk about it. The issue may resolve itself. I'll be sure to come back if the issue persists.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

Has anyone determined if this is a problem with MLS or another issue? We have two teachers that turned 16 (one in January the other February) who are still not showing in the Priest section on lds.org. Both young men are active and have been ordained priests, but they are not showing as priests on lds.org.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

My issue resolved itself on its own. I didn't do anything intentional. We had normal send/receive requests on Sundays for sending tithing, and perhaps some send requests during the week as records were updated, but that's no different than what we did earlier when we had the problem. I'm not sure when this was fixed but noticed this morning that the website now shows the priest in the right quorum.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

sasgrw wrote:My issue resolved itself on its own.
The issue in our ward has not resolved.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”