New individual photos not printing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mtwerner

New individual photos not printing

Post by mtwerner »

I have recently been adding individual photos in the directory. They show up online, but when I attempt to print an organization list, the photos aren't there. It's just a problem with the recently added photos, though; the photos that were posted earlier do appear on the printed list. I experimented by taking a photo that did appear on the list, cropping it, and reposting--and then it did not appear on the printed list anymore. Any ideas?
mevans

Re: New individual photos not printing

Post by mevans »

Have you seen this thread? It sounds like you might have a little different problem, but I thought I'd mention it just in case you haven't seen it.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

Yes, I read that thread first. This doesn't seem to be the same problem. Some photos show up in the printed directory, but only the ones that were NOT recently uploaded. (However, recently uploaded household photos do show up in the ward directory.) Same results with different browsers, in case that matters.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

mtwerner, Are you a directory admin? Are all the photos that should be appearing approved by either you or another administrator?
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

I'm the stake clerk.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Stake clerks have admin rights over profile info only, but not photos. So if you upload photos, a ward admin will need to approve the photo before it's visible to others. Try logging in to the beta directory at https://lds.org/rcdirectory and see if you see the new "Awaiting Approval" watermark on some of the photos that aren't appearing.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

I don't see any photos anywhere, not for households nor individuals, including my own.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnsonth wrote:Try logging in to the beta directory at https://lds.org/rcdirectory and see if you see the new "Awaiting Approval" watermark on some of the photos that aren't appearing.
Since the beta didn't bring over any photos, I don't think that's going to work.

mtwerner, I think you'll have to get with a Ward clerk to see if the new photos have been approved. I'll bet they haven't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

johnsonth wrote:Stake clerks have admin rights over profile info only, but not photos.
That's a pretty odd distinction, if you ask me. I know it's been stated many times in these forums, but it's rather painful for us stake clerks to watch our rights being removed left and right.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”