Photo in Portrait Orientation Obscures Name in Approvals Screen

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mevans

Photo in Portrait Orientation Obscures Name in Approvals Screen

Post by mevans »

Hooray...I got a member to upload a photo to the directory. When I go to the approval screen, I see that she uploaded a rectangular, portrait orientation photo. The way it gets displayed in the approval screen, the photo obscures the name control:
Screen shot 2012-11-22 at 7.59.54 AM.png
Screen shot 2012-11-22 at 7.59.54 AM.png (21.61 KiB) Viewed 760 times
I can't click on the name to have the popup list show me names, etc. Fortunately, I can click on the green check mark and it works.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

With the new photo upload system in Directory 3.0, this should be fixed. Thanks for reporting it.
QA Engineer
karlburk

Re: Photo in Portrait Orientation Obscures Name in Approvals

Post by karlburk »

This is happening to me nearly a year later. I am using IE10.0.

Please take another look at it.

Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This also happens in Firefox 23.

Don't forget to report this issue using the LDS.org feedback link. Even if it is reported in these forums there is no certainty it will get to those who can do something about it.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
karlburk

Post by karlburk »

I looked for but could not find any feedback link on the directory page. Do you mean the feedback link on the main lds.org page? If so, then which category would this page fall under? Ward Websites maybe?

Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

karlburk wrote:I looked for but could not find any feedback link on the directory page. Do you mean the feedback link on the main lds.org page?
That feedback link will work. Any other LDS.org page with that same link will do also.
karlburk wrote:If so, then which category would this page fall under? Ward Websites maybe?
That will work fine. I prefer to use the category "Other", since technically the Local Unit Websites do not exist anymore, and then in my opening statement identify the LDS.org application and other specific section of the application. I try to make sure I identify as much specific detail of what page and what function I am providing feedback about. I will go as far as describe how I got to the page in question.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

I believe this problem was fixed in the beta directory we tested several months ago. For whatever reason, the church put a hold on rolling out the update. I suppose it will happen some day.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”