Youth can't add/update their own email addresses?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mmarx

Youth can't add/update their own email addresses?

Post by mmarx »

I've recently run into some problems.

1. Several of our ward's youth already have lds.org logins. However, most of them did not have an email address entered. When I tried to help them add an email address by going into "directory-myhousehold", it did not give an edit option. Can a youth edit/update their own contact information? If so, how?

2. Also, when I helped youth create a new account and they entered in a email address as part of the process, it looks like their email address is not visible, at least not to me as a ward administrator. Is this on purpose or am I missing something?

Our ward would like our youth to be able to use the website to get emails from ward leaders about upcoming activities through email subscriptions. How can I accomplish this?
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

They can sign-in at LDSAccount and edit their profile to add or correct e-mail addresses. The Ward Clerk can also add/change email addresses.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mmarx wrote:2. Also, when I helped youth create a new account and they entered in a email address as part of the process, it looks like their email address is not visible, at least not to me as a ward administrator. Is this on purpose or am I missing something?
E-mail addresses have separate visibility settings (see Data privacy settings). A ward website administrator is not considered a ward leader, so if their privacy settings are set to "Private - Leadership Only" then you won't be able to see their e-mail addresses.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

mmarx wrote:1. Several of our ward's youth already have lds.org logins. However, most of them did not have an email address entered. When I tried to help them add an email address by going into "directory-myhousehold", it did not give an edit option. Can a youth edit/update their own contact information? If so, how?
As an option, their parents should be able to edit the youth contact info.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”